• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What kind of tree do you use

What type of tree do you use

• Artificial

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • A cut tree

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A live tree/ the type with the roots still on for planting

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • No tree.

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
With the Christmas season here I figured this would be a good poll.

What type of tree do you have?

F8LBITE

Members
Our building doesnt allow for real trees because donkeys kept catching them on fire. We have a crappy little tabletop tree.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
We have an artificial tree because of my wife's allergies. I grew up with real trees, but after have the fake one for a while, I really like it. No mess in the house, they always have the right shape, and the one I have now is prewired with lights! I can go from stored in the garage to fully set up tree in less than 20 minutes.

Lively

Members
We have an artificial tree - allergies. Last live tree we had, eldest daughter and I had a headache until we got it out of the house. It barely made it through Christmas - I pulled it down before all the gift wrap was cleaned up!

mrkillie

Members
Artificial. See no good reason to kill a perfectly good tree. It looks great, we don't have to mess with the sapand pine needles everywhere, worry about watering, worry about when to take it down. Plus non-allergenic so all of our friends can visit us and bring me more presents!!! And, it will last for many many years. It's really no contest.

Joel

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Real tree all the way. Grew up with an artificial one, but since me and Maria have been together, we've gone with the cut ones.

How big are the balls on the uncut ones? Gotta be huge on a 6' tree, no? And heavy, right?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
They are not too big. But I have done it 2 or 3 times and never had the tree live more than a year.
Gave up.

I love the smell of a cut tree in the house. When I was a kid I used to sell them at my fathers gas station. Brings back memories. lol

dogofwar

CCA Members
Artificial - ours is 4 pieces (3 pieces and a stand) with the lights already hooked up. Much better than the 60 piece PITA ones of the past...

I have great memories of the chaos of our cat getting into our live tree when I was a kid. My parents have pictures of Fuzzball (RIP) perched about halfway up a big, live tree.

Matt

mrkillie

Members
They are not too big. But I have done it 2 or 3 times and never had the tree live more than a year.
Gave up.

I love the smell of a cut tree in the house. When I was a kid I used to sell them at my fathers gas station. Brings back memories. lol

It's really not a good time of year to plant a tree. Need to get them in the ground in Sept or Oct for best results.

Joel

minifoot77

Members
Real tree all the way. Grew up with an artificial one, but since me and Maria have been together, we've gone with the cut ones.

How big are the balls on the uncut ones? Gotta be huge on a 6' tree, no? And heavy, right?

maybe you should check and report back what you find.....
( you worry me...)

iamzrad

Members
Real tree.
We go to the same farm every year and find ourselves a nice fraser fir and with lumberjack-style we cut it down.

Cartel

Members
lumberjack-style

Weaksauce. :tongue0011:

Motorfest%202009%20023.jpg