• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What happened to my multi male?

thedavidzoo

Members
Found him laying on sand barely alive. Looks like his intestines are protruding!

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1351871485290.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Multis are pretty dimorphic (size-wise), so I'm sure you're right about gender, but it honestly looks like an egg-bound female. Lost a couple of fish that way... :(

Never seen that on a male though.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Looks like prolapse of the spawning tube, but I do not know if that is a common occurrence with fish. Not sure what would have caused it either.

thedavidzoo

Members
It is definitely my male. He was bigger than my 3 females, so it was obviously him. Well, now he is dead. It is actually a transparent loop hanging out with a string of NLS colored feces inside. Why would a piece of intestinal loop come out?

I hope my bigger juvie is a male and will take over the "duties"..

thedavidzoo

Members
Speaking of egg bound females!
I once had a Petsmart zebra danio who got so eggbound (after all the males died off) that she actually ruptured both sides of her belly, had 2 HUGE red holes( I swear I could see through to the other side:rolleyes:), got skinny, thought she would be dead soon...and made a miraculous recovery after a few weeks! Her stripey pattern was never the same, but she healed up nicely. They are one tough fish.