• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

what does everyone do for a living?

zenins

Members
I have been working in IT since the late 1970's ... yeah, punched cards, banks of tape reel drives and huge room filling mainframes ... I am currently working on UNIX server systems as an Oracle DBA for an Automobile and Property Insurer ... by the way, I have been on the Internet since 1994 :)

garganoth

Members
Custom woodworking, marketing, graphic/Web design...i have ADD...

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Hi all. I'm still just getting to know everyone.

I'm a User Experience Director at a local research university. This is largely applied social science and service design. If you are into UX, drop me a note!

Please tell me you are pro clean coal ... Having worked at a lot of the power plants in md and de I would love to have a conversation with you

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I cover mostly oil policy but have covered electric utilities in the past. As with everything, it boils down to economics, right? Clean coal is very promising, but has yet to be proven to be economically competitive against natural gas and even renewables.

Acpape0

Members
I cover mostly oil policy but have covered electric utilities in the past. As with everything, it boils down to economics, right? Clean coal is very promising, but has yet to be proven to be economically competitive against natural gas and even renewables.

I think we need to have a conversation ... I am good at removing wool from eyes.... As for coal look up at that light that is on in your office or house or in the emergency dispatchers control room and say thank you to coal

Becca

Members
I think we need to have a conversation ... I am good at removing wool from eyes.... As for coal look up at that light that is on in your office or house or in the emergency dispatchers control room and say thank you to coal

So when I get a lump of coal in my stocking at Christmas, it's a good thing then, right? :D

Jeff721

Members
I am a graphic designer at the Water Environment Federation. Also a karate instructor, working at a non-profit doesn't always pay the bills.

Well, I think you need to define what you mean by clean coal, then. Because if you're talking about the coal that's providing much of the US' electricity right now, I have a feeling it's not going to pass muster with the EPA's pending greenhouse-gas regulations.

At any rate, would love to continue the conversation offline!

Acpape0

Members
The fact that we are burning Chinese coal .... Yes Chinese coal .... To meet EPA regulations instead of building the nessicary emissions control systems to meet EPA regulations with AMERICAN coal sickens me. I have built and maintained every part of the required emission control systems from selective catalyst reactors, to precipitators to aqcs bag houses. Give it long enough and this bottom dollar greed by the industry in the country and we will eventually be called the United States of China.

End rant. (Is it possible to hijack your own thread)

Acpape0

Members
In the interest of full disclosure union boilermakers also build and maintain oil, natural gas and nuclear power plants... But the vast majority of the power produced in this country is from coal and these units are being decommissioned at an alarming rate.