• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What are you brining to the Jan meeting

chris_todd

Members
Sounds like a lot of stuff will be brought to this meet. How much money should I bring?
That depends on how much self control you have, LOL!

I've only been a member for about a year, but there are typically around 100 bags in the auction. Like many auctions, you can sometimes get stupid good deals, but given that there are a lot of knowledgeable afficianados in the club with plenty of tank space, the good stuff usually goes for reasonable (i.e., fair) prices. Unless Li decides he wants it, then forget it. :lol:

Bring $100 and you should be safe. Bring $200 if you really want to have fun. :) But you could probably come home with two dozen fish for less than $50, too, it all depends.

Clslogic

Members
$10,000 oughta do it! :D
Hmmm, if I bring that much, is someone going to bring me a 300+ gallon tank and bring it back to my house?

That depends on how much self control you have, LOL!

I've only been a member for about a year, but there are typically around 100 bags in the auction. Like many auctions, you can sometimes get stupid good deals, but given that there are a lot of knowledgeable afficianados in the club with plenty of tank space, the good stuff usually goes for reasonable (i.e., fair) prices. Unless Li decides he wants it, then forget it. :lol:

Bring $100 and you should be safe. Bring $200 if you really want to have fun. :) But you could probably come home with two dozen fish for less than $50, too, it all depends.

This is some good advice. Thanks. I dont think I have the tank space for 2 dozen fish anymore. I mean, I could always try. They arent many fish that I want anymore.

I just want a cuban, amphilophus citrinellus, and a vieja argentea. Nothing too too special. I think imalready picking up something from someone there.

I also want some java moss. None of the stores ive been to have any.

chris_todd

Members
I have a Red Top Zebra for sale (see this thread for pics) that crazyclowntang has dibs on, if he makes it to the meeting and decides he wants it, otherwise, he goes in the auction.

I'm also going to have a pair of Apistogramma agassizii that I got from Tony and Rose Orso at Aquafest. They're pretty (the male has very long fins) and in good shape, but have never spawned, so I think I don't have the right conditions, and I'm trying to cut down the number of tanks I maintain, so time for them to go.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Well since I will be talking about culturing various kinds of live foods I will be bringing about three of each type, microworms, grindal worms, daphnia, paramecium, vinegar eels. Partly these will be for "show and tell" but then they will be donations for the auction. And probably a few more daphnia that will not be donated.

I also plan to bring some velvet black angelfish -- really nice angels.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Well since I will be talking about culturing various kinds of live foods I will be bringing about three of each type, microworms, grindal worms, daphnia, paramecium, vinegar eels. Partly these will be for "show and tell" but then they will be donations for the auction. And probably a few more daphnia that will not be donated.

I also plan to bring some velvet black angelfish -- really nice angels.

Awesome! I can't wait for your talk, sir. :)

rsretep

Members
i recommend franks grindals got some awhile back and they are still going strong....great food for fry and small fish

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Man, there is alot of good stuff being brought. Ive already spent a benjamin! Im waiting to see whats behind door number 9
IM BRINGING A BIG OLD BAG AND FIVE BIG DUDES TO HELP ME KIDNAP REEL ADDICTION SO HE CAN LIVE IN MY BASEMENT AND MAKE HIS SPECIALTY. ILL FEED HIM BEER AND GIVE HIM HIS OWN TANK :D

TheWire

Members
IM BRINGING A BIG OLD BAG AND FIVE BIG DUDES TO HELP ME KIDNAP REEL ADDICTION SO HE CAN LIVE IN MY BASEMENT AND MAKE HIS SPECIALTY. ILL FEED HIM BEER AND GIVE HIM HIS OWN TANK :D
Nice! ...you can make him work for his beer and ask him to perform tricks for peanuts!

No need to kidnap, I will drive over if there is beer:D. I should start selling the jumbalaya at the auction;)

I just hope everyone likes the Joe's this Sat.

DQ if you think the jumbalaya is good wait until we get some fresh fish this spring and grill it. Also deep fried cut into bite size, shake em in some bbq, teriyaki or texas pete.... now we are talkin.

BevN

Members
We'll be there this month. We'll be brinign black worms, probably some of those pretty blue angels, some nice larger plecos and maybe a few 204s. I have two large rainbows that were traded in and two groumies that came along if any one is interested. Oh...and one very nice sized tri-color shark.

Oh...I have some F1 Nhaumnda blue discus fry that will be in the 2" range...maybe a little smaller. I can bring a few of the larger ones. Cute as all get out and were parent raised till the parents spawned again. We have some heaters since we put in the gas heater so can pack a few of those for the auction.