• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What Am I?

cyradis4

Members
Heya people!

This past Thursday, my dad, my sister, and myself took a trip to the National Zoo in DC. While there, we got to see their Amazon River exhibit. And looky what they had in their tanks! If THIS is what lives in that river, no wonder Discus and other small Amazon fish are so shy! This monster was at least 6 feet long, and can grow up to 15 feet long (at least according to the helpfull zoo person). Those fish in the pic with him? Giant black Pacu. Those are basically Pirana, right? Now why don't any of those horror movies show any of THESE guys? They had a total of 3 of these 6 ft monsters, and at least a dozen, probably much more, of the Pacu. They also had bunches of some sort of central american cichlid someone had "donated" (with out the Zoo's permission) in hte tank. But also according to the helpfull Zoo person, once the fish entered the tank, they became federal property. How interesting....

National%20Zoo%20Fish%2003%2022%202007%200055.JPG

Later!
Amanda.

Steve

Members
Giant black Pacu. Those are basically Pirana, right? Now why don't any of those horror movies show any of THESE guys?
[/b]

Amanda,
I believe that Pacu eat fruit . . . although, perhaps if Bart were to release some downstream from the Springfield nuclear power plant . . . bwah ha ha ha!!
Steve