• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WHAT A GAME!!!

mrkillie

Members
If you missed the Steelers-Packers yesterday, you can see it on NFL Replay on Tuesday night at 9:30 on the NFL Network. You may even see the 4th quarter on The NFL's Greatest 4th Quarters soon. I was only able to watch the last possession, which was enough. But, here's a quick summary:

The Steelers lead 24-14 into the 4th, and like they have come to do this year, proceed to fall behind 28-27 about halfway thru. The Steelers then take the lead with about 4 1/2 minutes left with a field goal, 30-28. Then it gets interesting. Mike Tomlin calls for an on-side kick!!! When was last time you didn't want the Steeler defense on the field with the game on the line??????

Green Bay gets the ball at the Steeler 39 and promptly scores a TD, complet with 2 point conversion, making it 36-30. After the kickoff, the Steelers have the ball at their own 19 with 1:54 left and one time out. They proceed to drive down the field with the aid of a few Packer penalties and on the game's last play-a 19 yard TD pass. On the side of the endzone, that was accompanied by a review. Xtra point and Steelers win 37-36. Finally.

Even if you don't like the Steelers (but I know you all love them no matter how much you deny :)) you gotta appreciate this game.

Now, beat the Ravens, beat the Dolphins - the Steelers might still make it to those playoffs. And if they do, the hair will probably be back. That would make life a lot more interesting.

Joel

Cartel

Members
Even though I dot like them good game. Oh and HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

TheWire

Members
Go Steelers! We may still make it to playoff but in reality, besides our QB, receiver and running backs, everyone else failed this season.

mrkillie

Members
Go Steelers! We may still make it to playoff but in reality, besides our QB, receiver and running backs, everyone else failed this season.

If they can make it there, and Troy comes back, they will be a team to be reckoned with. With no hair, there is no "D".

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I was actually watching it on the Stattracker because Heath Miller is my TE and I was yelling at the top of my lungs for Ben to throw it to him.

And he did, a couple of times to get them to the 19 yard line. Those points by Heath helped me tie Jen.

At the time, I was trying to locate their local Pittsburg radio station because I wanted to hear the last 2 minutes via the internet radio broadcast, but I could not connect to one.

So I was just limited to staring at the Stattracker and Wow! All I could see was the word TouchDown roll by me with like 0 seconds left on the clock. I wish I could of seen it, but hey, Ben's done it before you know the Super Bowl Hello!

mrkillie

Members
They pre-empted the game here for the Eagles since the Eagles were changed to 4:15. I was watching it on game channel while doing some paperwork and was hoping the Eagles game would end so they could show the end of the Steelers/Packers. Geez, I didn't think it was gonna happen! The Niners had the ball and about the same amount of time left in both games, but the Eagles held them and then ran out the clock. Just got to see everything after the 2 minute warning - that is, the whole game ending drive, including a 4th and 7 and a couple 3rd down conversions (a touchdown pass counts as a 3rd down conversion, doesn't it?)

TheWire

Members
I was actually watching it on the Stattracker because Heath Miller is my TE and I was yelling at the top of my lungs for Ben to throw it to him.

And he did, a couple of times to get them to the 19 yard line. Those points by Heath helped me tie Jen.

At the time, I was trying to locate their local Pittsburg radio station because I wanted to hear the last 2 minutes via the internet radio broadcast, but I could not connect to one.

So I was just limited to staring at the Stattracker and Wow! All I could see was the word TouchDown roll by me with like 0 seconds left on the clock. I wish I could of seen it, but hey, Ben's done it before you know the Super Bowl Hello!

Big Ben gave us another SuperBowl memory lane :)

marge618

CCA member
If you missed the Steelers-Packers yesterday, you can see it on NFL Replay on Tuesday night at 9:30 on the NFL Network. You may even see the 4th quarter on The NFL's Greatest 4th Quarters soon. I was only able to watch the last possession, which was enough. But, here's a quick summary:

The Steelers lead 24-14 into the 4th, and like they have come to do this year, proceed to fall behind 28-27 about halfway thru. The Steelers then take the lead with about 4 1/2 minutes left with a field goal, 30-28. Then it gets interesting. Mike Tomlin calls for an on-side kick!!! When was last time you didn't want the Steeler defense on the field with the game on the line??????

Green Bay gets the ball at the Steeler 39 and promptly scores a TD, complet with 2 point conversion, making it 36-30. After the kickoff, the Steelers have the ball at their own 19 with 1:54 left and one time out. They proceed to drive down the field with the aid of a few Packer penalties and on the game's last play-a 19 yard TD pass. On the side of the endzone, that was accompanied by a review. Xtra point and Steelers win 37-36. Finally.

Even if you don't like the Steelers (but I know you all love them no matter how much you deny :)) you gotta appreciate this game.

Now, beat the Ravens, beat the Dolphins - the Steelers might still make it to those playoffs. And if they do, the hair will probably be back. That would make life a lot more interesting.

Joel

ahhh nice summary of the game
Would you do a summary of the 2 Ravens vs Steelers games?