• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

We've got kittens...!

eden2020

Members
Synos..

Verbal..

It was funny that when I was looking up stock photos of Synos breeding with Cichlids in the Aquarium the picture had deep water Haps, exactly what hosted mine. The Multipunctatus never worked it out with the Ruby Red or Yellow Lab breeding groups in the same tank. I will say that I noticed the Labs tend to "sneaky" breed when I am not looking, but the Ruby Red male gets extremely hopped up and starts to destroy the harmony in the tank during breeding. However- the Depp Water Haps simply find a spot and in relative peace breed. Perhaps its the aggression that drives them away from the Ruby Reds and stealth that keeps them from the yellow labs. Heck it's like HS biology all over again, except no test this time.

BTW- all three breeding groups have successfully breed their respective spawn, and only once did the Haps drop cats..

-Marc and family..

Wydukey1991

Members
I've been thinking about trying this with my kenyi, which I mainy use for feeders now lol so if any1 has any at or close to breeding size I'd b interested for the right price....

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

eden2020

Members
Synos..

A little update: All is well.. all three are eating like they have never seen food before..

I won't mention the place BUT, I saw Synodontis Multis on sale for $59.99 at a fish store in Frederick.. Ouch. Granted it or they, I only saw one, was about 2 1/2 inches, but come on.. really? They also had Placidochromis Electra (aka deep water haps) of which I have bred recently for the reasonable price of $32 each.. And they were unsexable at only 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches. LOL

-Marc and family