• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wanted:Won/Dolphin Air Pump 5 star

fischfan13

Banned
We also use the Coralife Pump SL-65 and they are GREAT!! But getting ready to set up an AV-50.

Great choice, Kevin.
As a matter of fact I was thinking of getting one myself.

382bcd39470ff776b42d0143f93345c9.gif

TheWire

Members
I thought about the Av-50...almost got it too but since I am only setting up 10 tanks and less....won't either AV50 or Luft a bit overkill?

Is the Won/Dolphin 5 Star a better fit?

maddog10

Members
I used to sell the Won/Dolphin pumps and was not impressed with them. I had several that stopped working after a couple of weeks.

TheWire

Members

dogofwar

CCA Members
I have a metal manifold with 20 adjustable valves on it that is fed directly from the pump (via 5/8" flexible tubing).

I run regular airline tubing from 10 of the valves (wide open) to 4 way gang valves, which each serve 2 tanks (1 box & 1 sponge per tank).

It's been set up that way for over a year without issues.

HI..I am wondering how do you distribute the air to 40 boxes and sponges? How's the backbone pipe is distributed? What size do you use? Considered the outputs are standard valve....

anyone has one five 5 for sale? I saw a couple at ebays for 40s

TheWire

Members
I have a metal manifold with 20 adjustable valves on it that is fed directly from the pump (via 5/8" flexible tubing).

I run regular airline tubing from 10 of the valves (wide open) to 4 way gang valves, which each serve 2 tanks (1 box & 1 sponge per tank).

It's been set up that way for over a year without issues.

Thank you sir,

I think I have narrow down 2 pumps - Won/Dolphin 5 star or Coralife Luft 7 psi. Both of them are not too big, but enough to support up to 10 tanks
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3669+12911+7377&pcatid=7377