• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wanted Cichlids

Rfreddy321

Members
Good Morning,

I am new to the forum and also a novice cichlid keeper. After battling a bad case of what I found out, was a serious bacterial infection in our tank, I need to restock. I need to wait a couple weeks for the tank to recycle. I have 5 kids and I am interested in small Mbunas, peacocks and some smaller Haps. I would like to pay around $1-2 per fish. I have searched Craigs List and the forum here. We live in DC and I would appreciate any directions to a lcoal source for a vatiety of selectons, possible someone with way to many and needs to scale down sort of thing. All help is appreciated.:)

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I have some juvenile mbuna, haps and peacocks growing out. Some are big enough for adoption, some will have to wait a while. PM me with any specifics of types you are looking for and I'll let you know what I have.

Rfreddy321

Members
Thansk for all of the replies. Below is my wish list. It is okay if I cannot get all. I am looking for some male/female pairs as well as some just males. I just would like a wide spread of colors. Thanks for all the help. Below is the Wish List.

SPECIES OF FISH -- MALES ONLYNUMBERS OF MALEFEMALEAulonocara Baenschi – Nkhomo Island “Benga Sunshineâ€1Aulonocara sp. Bi-Color 5001Aulonocara sp. German Red 1Aulonocara hueseri (Midnight Peacock)1Aulonocara jacobfreibergi (Otter Point – Malawai Butterfly)1Copadichromis borleyi (Kadango)1Copadichromis trewavasae (Mloto Likoma)1Otopharynx lithobates (Aristochromis Red Top)1Iodotropheus sprengerae (Rusty Cichlid)1Labidochromis sp. Hongi “Kimpumaâ€1Labidochromis sp. "Hongi" (SRT) "Red Top Kimpuma" **P1Metriaclima sp. Zebra (OB)1Pseudotropheus perspicas Perspicax Orange Cap (Red Top -Ndumbi) **P1Pseudotropheus sp. Blueberry **P1Pseudotropheus saulosi (Green Face) **P1Aulonocara steveni Usisya (Black Fin) **P1Aulonocara steveni Usisya (Blue Fin) **P1SPECIES OF FISH -- MALES & FEMALES Pseudotropheus saulosi11Pseudotropheus Socolofi – Powder Blue11Pseudotropheus Demasoni “Pombo Rocks†**P33Pseudotropheus sp. "Red Daktari" **P11Pseudotropheus sp. "Acei" (Ngara) "Ngara White Tail" **P11Pseudotropheus sp. "Acei" (Msuli) “Yellow Tailâ€11Pseudotropheus sp. Red Zebra **P11Pseudotropheus sp. Flameback **P11Pseudotropheus sp. “Blue Dolphin†(Ndonga-Giant Demasoni) **P11Pseudotropheus crabo (Bumble Bee)11Pseudotropheus sp. “Elongatus Chewereâ€11Aulonocara hueseri (Midnight Peacock)11Aulonocara jacobfreibergi (Undu Reef – Lemon Jake)11Aulonocara hybrid (Gold Peacock) 11Placidochromis sp. "Phenochilus Tanzania" (Star Sapphire)11Protomelas taeniolatus (Super Red Empress)11Labidochromis sp. Mbamba (Yellow Top) **P11Labidochromis sp. "Zebra Eastern" **P11Labidochromis caeruleus "Yellow Lab" **P22Protomelas Sp.â€Taiwan Reefâ€11TOTALS4023GRAND TOTAL63

Rfreddy321

Members
Gerard et al,

According to the website, the memberships are from Jan to Dec. I do plan on joining in Jan to get the full year, unless pro-rating is an option. I wanted to come to the last meeting/mini-auction to meet some members (MAP from Scales), but my son got sick and I could not go. I originally got my tank and fish from Scales. Thanks again for all the help.

Lively

Members
How old are your kids? This club encourages kid participation. I've four and all but one have been to a meeting - she didn't come last time because she had fifth disease and it looked like I slapped her silly! lol

Rfreddy321

Members
Kids

They are 4 months, 2, 5, 12 & 15. I am not sure my older 2 would be interested, but I would love to bring the 2 and 5 year old. They really love watching the fish. It is my understanding that there are no meetings over the summer and no auctions. Is that correct?

Lively

Members
My 12 and 14 year old love coming to the meetings. Two is kinda hard (I have one of those, too) the speakers lecture was a bit too long for my son to handle.

Yeah, no meeting meeting until September, but we're doing the cookout next month.

DonkeyFish

Members
Bummer! I think the only fish not on that list is what I have!
Labeotropheus trewavasae "Red Top".

Should you decide to include them in your extensive list ;) let me know!

Either way, look forward to seeing you at the meetings later this year!