• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

W/C A. Longimanus

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I picked up these guys from Jeff Rapps at AM1 earlier in the year. They have some size on them now and I hoping they will start to spawn soon. Based on size and color, I would guess I have 2 males and 2 females.

100_0415.jpg

100_0418.jpg

100_0423.jpg

jonclark96

Past CCA President
They are astatheros. They do act quite a bit like fire mouths, picking through the substrate for food. Not the most beautiful fish in the world, but not something you see everyday.

TMSB805

Members
I see yours are still hanging in there. I only have 3 of the 5 that i picked up from Jeff. I believe i have 2 males 1 female. Yours seem to be a lot larger than mine. Mine are right at 2.5"

jonclark96

Past CCA President
The largest is between 3.5 and 4 inches. The suspected females are smaller, just at 3" give or take. I'm keeping them in a 40 breeder with a pair of w/c rainbows, a school of lemon tetras, and an LDA-25 pleco. All seem to get along fine.