• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Video: Plecos & Gymno "Blue Neon"

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Here's a video I shot a couple of weeks ago featuring my LDA33 Baryancictrus "snowball" and L134 Peckoltia "Leopard Frog" plecos munching down on some algae wafers.

Towards the end, I pan over to the group of 4 Gymnogeophagus sp. "Blue Neon" I picked up from Jeff Rapps last month.

They're all in a planted 20 now, but will be moved over to one of the 40Bs in the basement eventually.

Has anyone in the club bred L134s or know where I may be able to get another one locally?

[YT]6Xn10JSugys[/YT]

longstocking

Members
Maybe Julie.... I know she had a few last time I was up there. Not sure if they are for sale or not though. No they have not been bred ... at least not for BAP. I think there was one guy a long time ago that did.... but it wasn't for BAP.

There is a guy up in NJ or NY.... that breeds them all the time.... I'd have to dig for his name. But, he charges what Julie charges for wilds at 1.25

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Dude the L134 is awesome looking

Thanks Craig. :)

Maybe Julie.... I know she had a few last time I was up there. Not sure if they are for sale or not though. No they have not been bred ... at least not for BAP. I think there was one guy a long time ago that did.... but it wasn't for BAP.

There is a guy up in NJ or NY.... that breeds them all the time.... I'd have to dig for his name. But, he charges what Julie charges for wilds at 1.25

Yikes. I'll message your girl.

minifoot77

Members
i have a 134 that sarah netted for me 2 years ago at julies and its a wild female no you can't have it tony :) but i am jumping on your band wagon and if you find more tell me :)

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Loan it to him. Seriously. It's Tony...

...and you're no less outstanding (wading) in your field (stream) as a hobbyist and human being. He does the work and gets the glory for spawning them, and you get half the fry and your female back at some point.

Nothing quite so sad/tragic as a solitary member of species with zero prospect for procreation. It's our duty to spawn these critters, specially the wild caught ones, neh?

That's my $2 worth. Those are healthy looking fish Antonio.

i have a 134 that sarah netted for me 2 years ago at julies and its a wild female no you can't have it tony :) but i am jumping on your band wagon and if you find more tell me :)

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Alternately Tony could put his 134 up/out for 'stud'.

Mr. Minifoot does have himself a record of breeding unusual catfish.

Forgive my intrusive match-making, just my predilection for conceiving the as yet unconceived. Right...