• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Vid of my Cobra club meeting yesterday!

maddog10

Members
I recognize some of the roads, I have taken my car to that part of 'Mexico' myself.

Sounds like ALL of them had SC's.

F8LBITE

Members
They all come Blown from the factory. Forged internals as well. Some put a smaller pulley on and spin the rotors faster and some just up to a twin screw blower that flows alot better (600HP+)

maddog10

Members
What year did it become standard. I seem to remember working on an older one that did not have a super charger.

BTW - I love that sound, it is the same one my car makes. Of course mine sounds nastier since it is a Chevy!!

F8LBITE

Members
What year did it become standard. I seem to remember working on an older one that did not have a super charger.

BTW - I love that sound, it is the same one my car makes. Of course mine sounds nastier since it is a Chevy!!

LOL love me some vettes so ill pardon that comment. They only came out like that in 03-04. Right before the body style change.

Know your enemy!!!! It lists for $12,500 :eek:

281SCDOHC.jpg

maddog10

Members
I think the one we were working on was a 98. Bought it for $500 because it had a 'blown motor'. Turns out the alternator locked up, got the motor running for $78!

Cleaned it up and gave it a custom paint job. My buddy sold it for $7000.

F8LBITE

Members
No I didnt film it, someone in the club did. Mines/all Cobras are 6 speed unless you put a auto in it which I hear is alot of fun too.

Cartel

Members
RSX-S is faster....

Were you filming? Is yours an A/T?

Hows high 14's faster then high 12's on a track thats a crapload of difference!

After being at the meet with jose its official. I must get back into another 03-04 Cobra. By the end of the year I must fix and sell my lightning and get into a DSG Vert! Unless I get a good deal like jose then ill take any color hardtop or vert.

iamzrad

Members

After being at the meet with jose its official. I must get back into another 03-04 Cobra. By the end of the year I must fix and sell my lightning and get into a DSG Vert! Unless I get a good deal like jose then ill take any color hardtop or vert.

No, you don't understand, RSX-S is faster.
(lol Thai)

Thai

Members
They sure are cute, but I dont know about faster.
Nothing cute about VTECH.....its deadly serious

And your right Cartel the rsx high 12 are nothing compared to the cobras mid 15's, It was silly of me to make the comparison

(lol Phil :))

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Nothing cute about VTECH.....its deadly serious

And your right Cartel the rsx high 12 are nothing compared to the cobras mid 15's, It was silly of me to make the comparison

(lol Phil :))

Classic ricer vs. American muscle. Its a horsepower to weight ratio contest. RSX-S is about 200 hp on 2000 lb body, cobra probably 350 hp on a 4000 lb body. I'll take a crotch rocket any day. My CBR 600 RR has 105 hp on a 400 lb frame. Stock numbers were under 11 seconds I believe. I know it was faster than a '06 Vette Z06 in the quarter-mile.

Thai

Members
Classic ricer vs. American muscle. Its a horsepower to weight ratio contest. RSX-S is about 200 hp on 2000 lb body, cobra probably 350 hp on a 4000 lb body. I'll take a crotch rocket any day. My CBR 600 RR has 105 hp on a 400 lb frame. Stock numbers were under 11 seconds I believe. I know it was faster than a '06 Vette Z06 in the quarter-mile.
Its an inside joke man, we all know it isn't faster lol
speedingsignvtec.jpg

http://rsxisfaster.wordpress.com/

F8LBITE

Members

Ill continue to speak softly and carry a big Supercharger. :cool:

oh and BTW its 450HP @ 3800lbs :D

F8LBITE

Members

The power of the snake compels you my friend. Just do it!!! :angry3:

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Ill continue to speak softly and carry a big Supercharger. :cool:

oh and BTW its 450HP @ 3800lbs :D

You said yours had some mods right? I was guesstimating factory numbers. Pretty close in weight for a guess. I know you mustang guys are all about the numbers. I can't really talk much until I get something with over 200 hp again.

Cartel

Members
Factory numbers are like 390 but most have dynoed 390 to 410ish rwhp! (Ford had gotten in trouble for over rating HP numbers so with the slowbra they decided to under rate it! And yeah after phils quote I figured it was an inside joke so I quit there lol.