• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Using a different solenoid valve with a Red Sea regulator

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Long story short I got a most of a Red Sea pro kit on ebay for 80 bucks. Unfortunately for me the hose barb shaft that runs through the solenoid motor was broken in half. It requires more than just a new hose barb fitting. How I don't know. How do I use a different solenoid with the Red Sea regulator. Hoping to not have to pay 100 bucks for Red Sea solenoid. Red Sea doesn't sell replacement parts. I know the solenoid is made by CNE but finding which one it is has been an difficult task. So what other solenoids will work. How do I hook them up?

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
this is what is broken:
21d21482.jpg

1551d858.jpg

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Yeah this was my first in over 100 transactions. tried work it out with the seller but hasn't responded to my email about the amount of the partial refund. So I'll be filing the ebay complaint in the morning and possible taking a trip to Pittsburgh PA.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
That sucks, Prince. Sorry dude.

I am having solenoid issues as well with my CO2 setup. Maybe try swinging by Robert's Oxygen and seeing if they have any ideas on fixing it?

Worth a shot.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I posted on the Barr Report and a Aquatic Magic M-Ventil was suggested as a replacement. May just go that route. I found a new one as low as 65 not on Ebay.