• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Uruguay Trip 2015

dogofwar

CCA Members
Here's the abridged version:

Gymnogeophagus (balzanii, cf. gymnogenys, ex-meridianalis, sp. Catalan) - a few locations

Australoheros (facetum, scitulus) from a few locations

Cichlasoma (2 "new" ones from Cuaro S and Paso de la Cruz)

Ancistrus from 2 places and Hemiancistrus

Hisonotus

Jenynsia from a little freshwater stream / puddle near Felipe's

Crenicichla (scotti from a couple of locations, cf. lepidota from a couple of places, a new missioneira-like pike from Cuaro S, Ceilodochilus from Macedo)

Corydoras longipinnis from Bella Union and Cuaro Chico

Apisto combrae and borrelli from Bella Union

I think that's about it :)

Tony brought back many of the same and some different, including, I think, some tetras and characins.

Matt

Would love to hear a full inventory. I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

dogofwar

CCA Members
One of the guys on the trip did and other then one place (Macedo) that was relatively alkaline in pH, I recall that the parameters were ~6.8 - 7.4 pH with conductivity between 40 - 200. Water temps (it's late spring) ranged from mid-60s to upper 80s. All are doing well in local (MoCo, MD) tap presently...

Matt

Did you collect water chemistry parameters and what are the ranges.

The water chemistry is perfect for US husbandry, meaning fish from Uraguay can easily be acclimated to US tap water. This is different from Peruvian Amazon collection where the water chemistry has near zero conductivity and pH < 6.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Yes - Uruguay is completely different than Peru (and sub-tropical with cold winters and hot summers).

Most of the fish I brought back were eating flake food within a couple of dropping them in local (room temperature) tap.

Matt

The water chemistry is perfect for US husbandry, meaning fish from Uraguay can easily be acclimated to US tap water. This is different from Peruvian Amazon collection where the water chemistry has near zero conductivity and pH < 6.