• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Ultra Color vs. NLS

YSS

Members
I need to order food and I am thinking about trying Ultra Color. Anyone tried both NLS and Ultra Color and have any comments and recommendations? When I order, I would order one or two 5lb pack so I would like to get some comments before making the decision. Thanks!

Matt

Members
Sorry, I have only ever used NLS never heard of Ultra Color. Is that the manufactures name?

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
I need to order food and I am thinking about trying Ultra Color. Anyone tried both NLS and Ultra Color and have any comments and recommendations? When I order, I would order one or two 5lb pack so I would like to get some comments before making the decision. Thanks!
I've been using Ultra Color for about a year and love it. Great colors and growth, great ingredients (Ken's Fish Food is Ultra Color repacked, or at least was). I've only used NLS on one group of fish so I have no comparison. Bevn sells it for a good price but I don't think she's stocking it right now.

Sorry, I have only ever used NLS never heard of Ultra Color. Is that the manufactures name?
Pretty Bird is the maker.

lonlangione

Members
I've been using Ultra Color for a little over a year. ALL of my fish eat it, even killifish. I was a little skeptical about it at first, but I was impressed with they way the fish took to it. I use only the floating pellets, I am not fond of sinking pellets, but if I kept peacocks I would use the sinking pellets. I use the mash with little fish. It floats until they eat it all. I find that Ultra Color doesn't discolor the water the way NLS food does for me.

Lonny

dogofwar

CCA Members
I like Kensfish (same as Ultracolor?) color enhancing flakes (as well as his tropheus lovers flake)... and NLS or Extreme for pellet food... so I guess both :)

Matt

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
I've been using Ultra Color for a little over a year. ALL of my fish eat it, even killifish. I was a little skeptical about it at first, but I was impressed with they way the fish took to it. I use only the floating pellets, I am not fond of sinking pellets, but if I kept peacocks I would use the sinking pellets. I use the mash with little fish. It floats until they eat it all. I find that Ultra Color doesn't discolor the water the way NLS food does for me.

Lonny
I was skeptical at first too. I've found the fish don't go for the large pellets at first. After a day or two they get use to them and go crazy for them. The smaller pellets they tear up right a way. I'm just the opposite in liking sinking pellets, the floaters hit the overflows too fast.

I don't know if Kensfish flakes are ultra color but the pellets were. I don't know if he got that st8 or switched to something else. I liked buying from Ken because he repacked 5lbs into 1/2lb vac sealed packages.

YSS

Members
Thanks for all the comments. For those who use sinking pellets, what size do you use for africans? large or mini? I have found regular sized NLS pellets (1 mm) are two small for my large africans.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I was skeptical at first too. I've found the fish don't go for the large pellets at first. After a day or two they get use to them and go crazy for them. The smaller pellets they tear up right a way. I'm just the opposite in liking sinking pellets, the floaters hit the overflows too fast.

I don't know if Kensfish flakes are ultra color but the pellets were. I don't know if he got that st8 or switched to something else. I liked buying from Ken because he repacked 5lbs into 1/2lb vac sealed packages.
YES I AGREE WITH LONGIONE WITH THE COLORING OF THE WATER PART TOO. THEN I HAVE TO AGREE WITH DANGER CHICKEN TOO CUZ FLOATING PELLETS GO RIGHT INTO THE OVERFLOW. IVE USED BOTH IN THE PAST AND MY FISH TORE THEM BOTH UP. I HAD GREAT RESULTS WITH BOTH. THE ULTRA IS 38.00 COMPARED TO 58.00 (53+5.00 SH) IS NOT A BAD DEAL AT ALL. JUST HAVE TO SEE IF BEV HAS IT.