• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tumbler??? Stripped too soon.

Jefft

Members
So last night as I cleaned my tanks I pulled 4 of my beautiful rusty females who were holding. I stripped them of their fry. Two gave up beautiful clutches of fully formed and healthy fry. One gave up a couple of eggs bright orange things. The last gave up what appeared to be eggs with tails and eyes. I stopped stripped both these two females as soon as I saw something other than fully formed fry. However, I still have a few of the eggs and tadpole looking things in the fry holding area of my 40 gallon breeder. Can you guys take a moment and explain tumblers to me? How do they work etc.? What I have done is take of the of the little fry nets and placed it close to the sponge filter so the bubbles kinda stir them. Will this work allowing them to continue to form or should I just write these eggs off?

verbal

CCA Members
If you have a breeder net and an airstone you might be able to tumble the eggs if you put the airstone under it, if the bubbles can get through the mesh.

Also the top of a sponge filter may work in a pinch.

Jefft

Members
the mesh of the netting in the fry holder doesnt let the bubbles come through.. what it does do, it gathers the air under the netting till it over flows kinda making a pulsing throb of the net that bounces the eggs? Do the bubbles need to get though and constantly tumble the eggs?