• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tropheus Stocking Help

Davey_8313

Members
I was just wondering if I could do some Tropheus in a 75g? I was going to do them in my 150, but don't have the money to buy that many. How many would I need for a 75?

fischfan13

Banned
Group of 25...."What kind of Tropheus"?
Read up, study up.
Look at the different types?
Sp Black?
Sp Red?
Moorii?
Wild Caught?
Tank Raised?

Davey_8313

Members
Group of 25...."What kind of Tropheus"?
Read up, study up.
Look at the different types?
Sp Black?
Sp Red?
Moorii?
Wild Caught?
Tank Raised?
The whole wild caught thing has never really mattered to me. Is their any difference really between the two? Wild caughts I'm sure are a little nicer. I like:

Red Ndole Bay
Purple Lufubu
Moorii Katoto
Moorii Chaitika Blue Rainbow
sp. Red Lupota

Davey_8313

Members
Yeah, I know lol. I really like the purple lufubu. I just picked out what I saw on AB. They're all the same price on there. There a better site to go look at the different types?

fischfan13

Banned
I'd like to think, or say, that there are good and bad people to buy fish from, LOL.

How's that for an answer?:lol:

PM sent.

YSS

Members
Sarah usually has nice juvy tropheus for sale. You can get 1" fish for $10 ~$15. So you are looking at spending at least $250 to get 25 1" fish. Good luck.

longstocking

Members
I just sold out... someone came over and wiped me out yesterday.

I do have two F1 female lupota holding. So, hopefully I will have some soon if you want to wait. For large groups I charge 10 each.

If not, please be careful who you buy them from. Try and get what ever food they are feeding so there aren't too many changes at once. There are good sellers out there... but make sure they have been doing T's for a while.