• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tropheus Moorii Kambwimba black spots

gmanedge

Members
Hi all,

I am new to CCA. I was hoping someone could help me determine what is up with my Tropheus Moorii Kambwimba. He/she is very active, eats well but has developed these black spots on the right side only. I was thinking it was ammonia burn but the water has been tested and all is good. He is the only one in the tank that has this happening. Please help.

-G

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1387915300.019065.jpg

I have a few fish that I have noticed small black specs on here and there. At first I got concerned but my experience tells me its nothing. I have read a million different possible causes but none of the factors ever match my conditions. I have seen several spots come and go. Can't explain why, they look almost like small specs of paint they last an indeterminant amount of time then disappear. The spots on your fish look a little differnt but its hard to tell from the pic. Can you get a close up of it? Is there any depth to them or are they raised? Anything around the edge of the spot? If the fish seem happy I wouldn't medicate unless they spread or get worse, just my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App