• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Took A Chance With My Tropheus

maddog10

Members
I moved my 8 Tropheus "Ndole Red" from a 20 to a 75 tonight. I really should have more fish than that in a 75. There are 2 distinct rock piles with lots of hiding places. Within 5 minutes the 2 dominant males were both breeding (not with each other). I moved them tonight so that I would have the weekend to keep an eye on the aggression, looks like it is going to be bad. Hopefully I will end up with some fry from this little experiment.

longstocking

Members
Be carefull !!! In a 4 footer things can go bad quick !

If things get bad.. remove all the rock.

Hopefully they don't get too bad and you have lots of little small guys :beamup:

maddog10

Members
So far, so good! Things have settled down somewhat. Tried to get a few shots tonight (wish his head was turned to the right, would have been soooo much better).

trop-2.jpg

maddog10

Members
Just an update!

No real aggression, they chase each other around and the males are always displaying for the females. The only injury (knock on wood :smashfreakB: ) has been a small chunk of finnage off one fish that ran into a rock.

I even have baby Tropheus (at least 4), hopefully they can stay hidden long enough to put on a little size!