• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Today In The Basement

DeeCee

Members
Gosh, not to steal a theme, but............

Ron's laid up with a nasty cough, and since I don't have any Wii competition, I stole his camera & tried some fish shots.

Yes, we do have razor blades for the tanks. Regretably, nobody here allows me to play with razors and sharp objects anymore.
I think it may have something to do with that little accident at the deli. I dunno.

Anyway, I took someone's advice & set up a Photobucket account for the fish, so here goes~~

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg285/D...nt=130e0811.pbw

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg285/DeeCeeFish/

If the picture isn't tagged, it means I don't have a freakin' clue what kind of fish it is. I just like it.

DC

Took the lilberty Donna. Hope you don't mind. 3P
IMG_0490.jpg

Sonny Disposition

Nice shots, Donna. Is that one of the Salvini I brought to the auction? If the parents are any indication, he'll get a lot more colorful than that when he grows up.

DeeCee

Members
Oh, thanks - I don't mind you adding the Salvini picture to the thread. I know my attachment space is all used up, so I had to use the Photobucket link for any fish pictures. See what happens when I waste my space on Tucker shots? Hee hee! Some of those fish are IMPOSSIBLE to photograph, darn it. But I'm having fun trying my hand at it a little bit.

The Salvini was trying to breed a few weeks back - I don't know anything about them & originally thought it was 2 males argueing over turf, finally I read up a bit & realized that one of them was a female. Thank goodness, I'd thought they were homofishual & I'd NEVER get any fry! I never realized that the females of this type are nearly as pretty and colorful as the males! No fry yet, but they sure do dance around together alot, and have sand dugouts all over their side of the tank. I know they seem to get alot more blue on them while they're dancing too.

Sorry, I've no idea WHERE these guys came from, they probably are something that Ron snuck home from the auction!

DC

marge618

CCA member

DeeCee

Members
Thanks Marge! The camera is a Canon 30D. For some reason, I thought Ron had said something about getting a 38 Double D, but that must have been a different conversation. Anyway, it's a great camera, and there's all kinds of lenses but I have not tried the others yet. Maybe someday I'll get brave enough to change some of the parts around.

The Salvini are really nice fish, and I like it that the female is so colorful. It's a really active tank, with that pair dancing all the time, and the Firemouth whichamacallit's flaring all the time as well.

DC