• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Thought I'd join you

GTR

Members
Not at all local, I'm in SoCal about 60 miles inland from LA. Been keeping fish since the mid 60's. Little break in my late teens and early 20's. Spent the 80' through-late 2000's stuck in saltwater and then took a break from that.

Been back in FW for about 3 years now. Simple planted 90g with a mixture of fish. Now I have that plus a nano in the kitchen and a grow out tank in the garage. Don't spread this around but I also have 3 tanks here at my shop in a back room.:D

Those tanks are full of BNP's, shrimp and a group of CW010 I purchased from Rachel that I think came from "mab".

I have some questions on those cories that I'll ask later on.

Anyway, hi all.

Steve

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Welcome to the club, Steve. Glad you're back to your roots. :)

Saltwater setups are beautiful, but can be a real PITA. Think I spent more time maintaining my two reef tanks than I do on my current mostly-African fish room.

GTR

Members
Welcome to the club, Steve. Glad you're back to your roots. :smile:

Saltwater setups are beautiful, but can be a real PITA.

I really enjoyed my SW run but the electrical usage just got out of control. Difficult to justify $400+ per month on my bill. lol

As far as roots, I was no more than 13 when I had my first "fish rack", about 8' long with three tiers. Sold and traded to 3 LFS and a jr member of a local club. I still thank my parents for driving me the 15 miles to the monthly meetings to learn and swap.

Nice to see you over here! :)

Thanks for the invite and welcome Rachel. ;)

mchambers

Former CCA member
Welcome

Not at all local, I'm in SoCal about 60 miles inland from LA. Been keeping fish since the mid 60's. Little break in my late teens and early 20's. Spent the 80' through-late 2000's stuck in saltwater and then took a break from that.

Been back in FW for about 3 years now. Simple planted 90g with a mixture of fish. Now I have that plus a nano in the kitchen and a grow out tank in the garage. Don't spread this around but I also have 3 tanks here at my shop in a back room.:D

Those tanks are full of BNP's, shrimp and a group of CW010 I purchased from Rachel that I think came from "mab".

I have some questions on those cories that I'll ask later on.

Anyway, hi all.

Steve
Many of us have CW010 that we got from mab. I bought 8 juveniles a little more than a year ago and now have at least 25. So this is a good place to ask about them.

GTR

Members
Thanks for the welcome all. I joined the forum for my PC at work, took a few days off and couldn't remember the link from the home PC. lol

I've got a couple questions so I'll ask those in the right place, hopefully.