• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Thorichthys sp. Mixteco Gold & Rocio octofaciatus Cenote Cristalino

jonclark96

Past CCA President
This has become one of my favorite tanks to watch, even though the inhabitants are still quite small. I picked up 8 throrichthys sp. Mixteco Golds at ACA and recently got 4 of the wild Jack Dempseys from Rapps from Cenote Cristalino. They currently reside in their own 40 breeder. The biggest fish is around 1".

I'm looking to add some wild type swordtails to the tank as well. Please excuse the algae on the back pane of the tank. It's a bear to clean and the fish really don't mind it.

Pics:
1. Full tank shot
2. Mixtecos
3. Both
4. JD
5. JD

100_0197.jpg

100_0199.jpg

100_0202.jpg

100_0203.jpg

100_0204.jpg

MonteSS

Members
Nice setup.

My adult male Mixteco gold is a PITA (same as any Thorichthys ive ever owned). He just loves chasing everything in site. Especially when feeding. No damage done though.

....Bill

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I've heard that they are on the high end of the aggression scale for thorichthys. The plan is to keep them in the 40 breeder if they'll play nice together, otherwise move them to a 4 foot tank. The JD's will get their own tank when they get bigger.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Are those the guys you picked up at the Guy Jordan rare fish auction an Rusty's house?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
No, I picked these up from a buddy named Tim who lives up in Michigan. I picked up some Theraps Wesseli at Rusty's house. They are doing well and starting to put on some size, but they are in a tank that is almost impossible to get good pictures in. I tried for 10 minutes last night and couldn't get anything worth sharing.

I'll try again soon.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I know they aren't much to look at yet, but I plan on updating this thread every few weeks to show their progress over time.