• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Thinning out my 75gal tank

samsmobb

Members
Hey guys I haven't been around for a few months because I've been very busy pursuing my degree at UMD.
With almost no time to myself I realized I having to thin out my tank so I can do quicker cleanings on it with less fish so it doesn't get dirty to quick either..

I have up for sale

-(4) roselike torpedo barbs or Denison barbs about 4"-5.5" inches long. I got them back around May 2013 at under an inch.
Price: I'm really looking for around $8 a piece or $27 for the 4 ..

-(6) adult angels of various sizes. 3 males and 3 females all have formed pairs n laid eggs which came out to free swimmers in my tank. However the cories n barbs eat them up fast
Looking for $10 each pair, I'd really hate to separate pairs..

Thanks, please let me know wat you think, I'd love to keep caring for these fish I so meticulously picked out however school is very demanding :/

I'm located in Gaithersburg/Damascus Maryland
Pictures to come later today

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I'd be interested in the roseline barbs.

Any chance you'd make the meeting on Saturday? If not, I can try to make arrangements to stop through Gaithersburg.

samsmobb

Members
Also have (2) Anubis nanas for sale
~25 leafed one is $7
~35 leafed one is $10
~13 leafed anubias congensis is $5
Please keep in mind I left these plants grow in the light as they got so large since covered areas was running out and they grew algae on the older leaves as any slow growing plant would.

I may also be selling a rather large piece of driftwood covered in different varieties if Java ferns depending on interest and price.

Pics to come tonight as te tank has a glare and pictures come out bad

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I would like to buy all the anubias. I will pick up the congensis for Leffler and bring it to him at the meeting. Let me know if it is still available. -Andrew

samsmobb

Members
It's pretty big, it measures ~20" long, ~14" high, ~12" deep
It's covered in have ferns and I've had some oft longest leaf have fern on there, a leaf reached 23 inches lol some currently on there are around 8-12"
Price is $70
Mainly because it has a lot of Java fern

Last edited:

Hannibal

Members
Unfortunately its too big for the tank I want to put it in...

If you still have it after I get around to redoing my 75 I will take it off your hands, but don't feel the need to hold it for me as my 125 is taking priority over the 75 currently.

Ading522

Members
It's pretty big, it measures ~20" long, ~14" high, ~12" deep
It's covered in have ferns and I've had some oft longest leaf have fern on there, a leaf reached 23 inches lol some currently on there are around 8-12"
Price is $70
Mainly because it has a lot of Java fern

Pic?

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

samsmobb

Members
d46fbaf2.jpg

Here is a older picture of the driftwood n anubias. The driftwood has a lot of detail but he anubias covered it up. I even drilled a peice of slate to the bottom a while ago and I like the touch it adds to it. The java fern now is much larger too btw..

samsmobb

Members
11EAB656-B4F6-4E3D-B454-C8E6F05ED319-950-000000FD7D1CE362_zps6274aa6a.jpg

From left to right, #1-#4
#1 is $5
#2 is $10
#3 is $15
#4 is $15
1,2,&4 are darker mopani and 3 is random driftwood
I recommend #3 you use with very light green plants it had an awesome affect
Where as the others are mopani and have many uses.

91D1941B-1715-4C4D-AD9B-EEDBEB255984-950-000000FDAC4E1D09_zps199b7672.jpg

Another shot of the $70 driftwood with plants, (recent picture) it's the left one, not the right. It's a 75 gallon tank so you can imagine it's size

3651A8D2-BD32-41D8-B70F-12B46A7187F7-950-000000FDBBD14058_zps3ff63a52.jpg

Speak of the devil, like I said these angels lay eggs regularly, here is a rather small batch from this morning. Sorry about the glare, you can see why I only take night pictures now lol

samsmobb

Members
Bump still got Denison barbs and 2 pairs if angels to sell and driftwood
I'd like to sell sooner than later, school starts in a week
Thanks