• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The start of the fish room remodel.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
So I left the catcon Saturday evening so I could spend some time working Sunday.

This painting of the PVC is turning into a real pain in the --- . The test piece from months ago worked
great but now this paint likes to come off easy.
Anyway this is me turning my hands and face blue.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
IMG_2312.JPG IMG_2312.JPG
While not that great looking up close, it seams to be doing what I wanted. Disappearing into the background.

Last edited:

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I had the same issue in plumbing. All my Home Depot had were the big J-hooks. I ended up getting a bracket for conduit, but I went with the sheet metal clamps that have a single screw to attach to the stud and then a bolt to tighten to hold the PVC in place. The cost was similar, but the ones I ended up using allowed me to hang the pipe without a helper.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I had the same issue in plumbing. All my Home Depot had were the big J-hooks. I ended up getting a bracket for conduit, but I went with the sheet metal clamps that have a single screw to attach to the stud and then a bolt to tighten to hold the PVC in place. The cost was similar, but the ones I ended up using allowed me to hang the pipe without a helper.
Yeah, I went plastic so that I could spray them. I was afraid the metal would peel easier. Who knows.
I drill the bottom screw and leave loose so I could put up by myself also.

dogofwar

CCA Members
They also make plastic strapping (it's in plumbing). It comes in a roll and you can just cut off what you need. That's what I've been using to hang stuff from the ceiling in the garage fishroom (although I didn't paint it blue :) )...

Matt

chriscoli

Administrator
They also make plastic strapping (it's in plumbing). It comes in a roll and you can just cut off what you need. That's what I've been using to hang stuff from the ceiling in the garage fishroom (although I didn't paint it blue :) )...

Matt

I've used the plastic and the metal strapping. The plastic stretches over time (even with light weight). I only use the metal now....and wear gloves when I'm working with it! Also, I have a partial roll of plastic strapping if anyone wants it! ;)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
5409037-23.jpg

+

55265547-adb9-4fa4-9589-6bcdf82ded4a_1000.jpg

Last edited: