• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The Perch are back!

All summer we've been catching these tiny baby white perch no bigger than 3 inches out of port deposit where i do 90% of my fishing. Over the past 2 weeks I've been catching some bigger ones even a couple in the 9"ish range. And then saturday, LOW and BEHOLD, a yellow perch, finally!!! I didn't get the numbers or the size i wanted but its a good sign as i havent seen one since like april.

These are beautiful fish and not to mention tasty. Who excited?

5-18 Port Deposit Pier (Yellow Perch).jpg

1017091647.jpg

ok we should do this soon. as its getting cold fast. im open tuesday (27th) and thursday (29th) night (after 3:30pm) next week. We should def do it from the pier in port deposit, while it isnt as deep as across the river, it would be easier IMO for a bunch of us to meet there as well as have plenty of room.

Thats a really nice looking fish.

they are truly a gorgeous fish, with the yellow green and orange and the stripes and what not. I havent had much success keeping them though. I think my tank was too warm from the pump but he wouldnt eat and lost all his color after a few days, so we released him in a local pond.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
ok we should do this soon. as its getting cold fast. im open tuesday (27th) and thursday (29th) night (after 3:30pm) next week. We should def do it from the pier in port deposit, while it isnt as deep as across the river, it would be easier IMO for a bunch of us to meet there as well as have plenty of room.
well that counts me out lol i work for a living during the week. :wacko: weekends i can work out better.

Sonny Disposition

That's one native fish I've never kept. I imagine they'd be a nice show fish in a big tank. Don't know what the regs are on possessing them, though. I seem to remember that they had fallen on hard times in Maryland.