• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The April meeting discussion thread.

Sonny Disposition

Let's roll with it folks. If he brings fish, he brings fish. If he doesn't he doesn't. Other people will. At least we'll hear an interesting talk from someone we haven't heard from.

Rock on.

I know everybody wants fish.
Like I mentioned I have been working on it but......
I am not going to push the issue too much.
The man is losing a days work (friday)
Leaving town for 3 days to come to us and asking for nothing in return but his airfare and food. Speakers usually lose work and time but ask for nothing in return. They do it for the fun and the hobby.
I am working on it...... If we push too much he could cancel.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
What is the address of where the meeting is?

Directions:
12751 Layhill Road
Silver Spring, Maryland 20906
From Route 495 (Washington Beltway):

• Take Georgia Avenue (Route 97) exit north to WHEATON (approximately 4 miles)
  • (Cross University Boulevard and then Randolph Road)
  • Bear to your right onto Layhill Road (next light past Randolph Road)
  • After crossing Glenallan Avenue (first traffic light), look for a large wooden sign with white letters reading Saddlebrook and Park Police Headquarters on your right.
  • Turn right and park in lot in front of you at the bottom of the hill (along the side of the building).
  • Go to the front of building (the area of the flagpole) and enter through the right-hand set of double doors.
From the Baltimore Area:

• Take I-95 South to exit 33B - Rte 198 West.
  • 198 turns into Rte 28 (Norbeck Rd) at New Hampshire Ave.
  • After crossing New Hampsire Ave. (Rt650) go approx 2.5 miles to the second traffic light. This should be Layhill Road. Turn left onto Layhill Road (South). Proceed approx. 4 miles.
  • The Police Headquarters is on the Left. (If you get to Route 97, you've gone too far.)
  • Look for a large wooden sign with white letters reading Saddlebrook and Park Police Headquarters.
  • Turn left and park in lot in front of you at the bottom of the hill (along the side of the building).
  • Go to the front of building (the area of the flagpole) and enter through the right-hand set of double doors.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Laif is here, awake and ready to go. lol
I took him to a few stores yesterday and we checked out the area.
We will be there in a few.

lol

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Had a great time as usual!!! Can't wait till next month ;)

My buddy from NC had a great time also, he may very well be back next month also.

It was great seeing everyone again, Laif's presentation was excellent. Thank you to everyone for putting on another great meeting... see ya soon!!!

emartin

Members
Awesome meeting...had an very nice chat with Laif about malawi haplochromines and madagascan cichlids, and hung out with a couple of you guys.

I found the most interesting things that he doesn't sell a lot of madagascan cichlids besides bleekeri... (yet when you do see Paretroplus for sale retail they are insanely priced for such small sizes...I remember seeing a retailer selling Paretroplus dambabe (may NOT be from old world but it is likely) for $50 for 1inchers, where Dave Schumacher sells them for $15 @ 2" which is much more fairer). And that despite the close proximity to the everglades he doesn't have problems with gators, pythons, gambian rats, or nile monitors...

This was actually my FIRST time attending a fish club meeting...impressed so far! The four hour drive was a killer though... I actually pondered staying at my brothers in Baltimore for the night but scrapped it since I didn't have directions to his place nor a GPS...

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
I had a great time and enjoyed my first meeting. I will definitely be attending the next one. My multies are settling in nicely. Glad everyone like the cupcakes!