• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

That fish place is frickin awesome!

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
That fish place is frickin awesome! Although I was a little disappointed in the fish selection.

rsretep

Members
yes prince TFP is a great store and i have never been totally thrilled with fish selection either but the rest of the place WOW

emartin

Members
TPT: Best retail store for dry goods

I agree it does fail as far as aquarium livestock goes... Their reptile selection seems to be fantastic though...

divet

Members
It is a great place for dry goods, and it's even better when you use one of the 30% off coupons that they have all over the place (mailers & local ads.) The coupons are only good for Tues, Weds, and Thursday though.

I'm there too much as it is, but I live 5 minutes away from them. Several of the fish-room guys I went to school with, and they are on the same page as far as the quality of livestock. It is what it is I suppose.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
You are lucky to live so close to that store. I was coming back from training a Fort Indiantown Gap PA National guard base in Annville, Lebanon Township PA. I almost wrecked when I drove past the Twizzler factory on Old Tree Road. Man the smell of fresh Twizzlers is intoxicating. They had lace rock and THR for 2 bucks a pound. I'll probably drive back up next month to pick up some more stuff. Hopefully the fish selection will be better. The wife and I contemplated buying a house near Lake Redmond but we could not get down for child care.

Last edited:

BevN

Members
Outside of the saltwater section the selection and quality of fish has always been a disappointment. It has improved with the new manager. It was much worse.

The biggest problem they have in my humble opinion is the central system. If it were up to me I'd have a gravity flow drip system with overflows and sponge filters or even better the foam from Hans in every tank.

The hardest problem in getting fish is the variety. Some transhippers have minimum order requirements. One in particular requires $4000 a month in fish alone. Others $1000 a shipment and some just two boxes of fish. It's hard to get in the variety that will satisfy the one tank family and the 130 tank nutcase.

But yes having them about 30 minutes away is really nice. It's great for the supplies we need like salt and some other supplies that we don't want to buy in bulk.