• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tetras

zackcrack00

Members
I have a 29 gallon aquarium, and I am getting a pair of kribs to gowith my African Butterfly (who actually hates live and frozen food!!!), and I really want to get some tetras... I want something that will breed in my aquarium, and that I will still have enough space for my kribs to breed. I like these types:
Lemon tetras, Diamond tetras, Neons, Black Neons, Blue Emporors, and Ember tetras... Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks!

Jeff721

Members
Most tetras are egg scatterers and many are egg eaters, typically this results in them eating any eggs that they lay unless they or the eggs are removed. To encourage breeding, many also want a pH which would really stress the kribs.

That said, the black neons would look great with your kribs. Just don't expect them to breed, still worth having in the tank.

verbal

CCA Members
If you want to breed tetras I recommend setting up a tub outside over the summer. I would say Mike Barber(mab on the forum) would be the best resource in the details.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Greengirl

Members
Hi Zack, I have a mated pair of diamond tetras. Everytime I do a water change I siphon the gravel water into a bucket first and pull out a dozen fry. They do it all the time. I want to make room for Apistos I might get soon. Would you like my tetras? I have about twenty fry to raise so I won't be running out any time soon.