• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tankstergeist removal or exorcism help

Spine

Members
My house seems to be haunted by a winter Tankstergeist. I say this because it seems like the only time I have major problems(lose lots of fish) is when its cold outside.
Last year it was the blizzard and no power for a week,this year I way away for four days and I come home to a cracked and empty 25gal rimless plant tank.:mad:
DSC_7148-WebCCA.jpg

I'm really bummed because I had it stocked with some cool nano fish and shrimp that I got from Rachel(msjinkzd). It also broke the heater and zapped my backup computer along with ruining papers and other items in the drawers of the desk it was on.. Oh, and lets not forget the drywall in the ceiling downstairs.

I've had this tank for a while and would like to get another one(different manufacture this time) or I might just replace the glass reseal it and try again. Since I wasn't home when it happened I don't have too many clues as to what caused the crack.

I moved all the plants to another tank and their doing alright. One thing I did learn is don't put any electronic equipment on the floor or near a tank encase it breaks or leaks,lol Also if you are using a desk as a tank stand don't leave any important paper in it:eek:

Leffler817

CCA Members
:confused0024: THATS CRAZY MAN! Sorry to hear about the losses :( I can't imagine what would've caused the crack!?! :confused0083:

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Hey Kevin, I am really sorry to hear of your loss. I wonder why the tank cracked? I discovered a huge crack in the bottom of my 40b a couple weeks ago. Fortunately, I am using it to house pythons so there was no spilling of water.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Major suckage, Kev. Sorry dude.

Revenge of the racoons?