• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

tank and stand issue

bschuhart

Members
I just bought a new 40 breeder to go on the bottom rack of my Titan-ez metal stand. The tank does not sit flat, it teaters from the front left corner to the back right corner about an 1/8 inch. Is this a defective tank? Will this be OK or will it stress the glass and cause a crack?

Titan-Ez stand looks like this:
711085453406-a.jpg

rsretep

Members
have heard of people using styrofoam under tanks for irregularities in framing... maybe it would work in your case also

Cartel

Members
Is it the tank or stand? Have you put the tank on something flat to tell if it's even? I would be more comfortable if it was the stand not the tank.

bschuhart

Members
Is it the tank or stand? Have you put the tank on something flat to tell if it's even? I would be more comfortable if it was the stand not the tank.

I did flip the tank over and rested it on the top frame and it did the same thing, so I suspect the frame is off.

Beware: I had to tell the salesperson at Petco not to lift the tank by it's top frame. If they had another tank in stock I would have made them trade. You know if he did it to carry the tank the the register, then he did it when unloading the truck and stocking the shelf.

Spine

Members
I agree with everyone else,styro should do the trick. I would fill it,let it sit for awhile and then run a level across the top to make sure everything is alright.

minifoot77

Members
or shim one leg of the stand... but i agree with the styro 8 bucks a sheet at home depot of you can have one i have extra if you come to aberdeen :)

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Just saw these last few posts. I have some of the thin stuff you can have, Ben.

Pick it up Saturday. :)

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
I've put shims under one side of a 30g. I was that way for a year before I moved it to a flat stand. Tank is still holding.

Spine

Members
I have some extra styro I think its like 1/2or 5/8 thick. I can cut a piece that's a inch or two bigger than the 40 footprint and you can trim it when you get home. Just let me know by Sat. morning, I can bring it to the BBQ.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I have the super thin stuff that comes folded... maybe 1/4" to 3/8" I think. Whichever you're looking for Ben.. just holler.

bschuhart

Members
uneven bottom rack on stand...

Finaly got around to calling Caitec Corp. thay make the Titan Eze stand and are located in Baltimore. The owner said come on over and I'll give you a new stand. He said get the new stand and after you move the tank you can bring back the old stand.

Well when I got to the warehouse in Catonsville, a very nice man meet me and when all was said and done he said if you get the chance bring the stand back because I want to see what the issue is and you can can keep the old one if you want.

I also mentioned CCA and the ACA convention next summer and he said he might be intertested in being a vendor and/or making a donation for a raffle or something.

There are still a few nice people in this world :)
So now I have the task of emptying a 65g and resetting it on the new stand and we'll see if the new stand is better...probably, because I have 4 other stand just like it and they're perfect.