• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Talking about biting off more than you can chew!

Cbaker

Members
SO I had this Azures with some Juvies for a few months so he could color up before i introduce him to the male tank. After a few Months of watching him looks like he took a drastic turn and decided he's a man now. He grab one of the dragon blood juvie and choack on it. i tried to pull it out but by the time i finally got him out it was too late. He was coloring up nice too. SMH

Azures#1.jpg

Azures.jpg

greekz

Members
wow, two weeks. I dont think i could do that. lol

yup last fall I was in costa rica on my honeymoon for two weeks came back the water was crystal clear and my cichlids never looked so vibrant,lol
going to punta cana next month for 10 days so they gonna be fasting again. I have 50+ haps/peacocks in my aquarium those automatic feeders aint' gonna do much

Cbaker

Members
oh wow. you brave. Punta Cana is nice i just came back from there last week. Was there for a week but i has someone feed my fish twice for the week. They were vibrant and healthy. Enjoy your trip!

If you see a fish got choke with another fish in its mouth, the best response is do nothing if the fish is still able to breath. Otherwise, you have to do an emergency surgery to cut up the fish (YAK!) in its mouth to release the choke. Pulling the choked fish out of its mouth by force can kill both fish. I once have a Green Terror got choked with a small peacock in his mouth. I left them alone as the GT was still able to breath. The choked fish was in his mouth for 4 days until it decayed and the GT was able to spit it out.

As for not feeding the fish, I go away for 3 to 4 weeks each year without asking anyone to feed my fish. Not feeding the fish is better for water quality and if any fish dies, there will be hungry scavengers to clean it up. Mouthbrooder females and male plecos routinely starved for 3 to 4 weeks to incubate eggs so not feeding a few weeks is no big deal.

Cbaker

Members
oh wow! I didnt know this. Thanks for letting me know. I thought I was just trying to help him. smh...