• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Synodontis Petricolas

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Anyone breed or sell these fish? Looking for someone in the local area I can get some off of. I would like to talk with someone who has experience with them before I buy.

chriscoli

Administrator
I've got a colony of lucipinnis, but none for sale at the moment. Frank breeds them though so you might heck with him.

chriscoli

Administrator
Oh, and the catfish convention is in a few weeks out near Dulles. They'll have room sales Friday night, vendors, and an all-day auction on Sunday. You might find some there too.

Catfishcon.com

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
I'm trying to convince my wife to take the weekend trip to catcon with me. She likes my fish, but she is not very patient by nature, so lectures on catfish may not be her thing. I also don't like the idea of driving over 2 hours just to buy fish and rush back home. If she doesn't go, I probably won't. I wouldn't know anyone and it wouldn't be as enjoyable.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Thank you. I'll shoot him a PM. I appreciate the help guys. If you know of anyone else, let me know.

Leffler817

CCA Members
Mike and I scored 6 syno Petricola about 2" long for $20 at the last Catfish Con! I doubt I'll be able to stya for the whole weekend but there are always peeps selling fish in between talks and whatnot.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Batfish is a local vendor who is a huge supporter of the club. Joshua Wiegert is the Batfish, sole proprietor. His screen name on the forum is JLW. Batfish has a sub forum in the club sponsor section. You can find Joshua's website and contact info there.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
The Batfish cave is only a couple of minutes from the meeting site. Joshua is a great guy. Get in contact with him a nd I'm sure he can help you out.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Lucipinnis would also work, so I'll take either of those. I want something that stays relatively small.

chriscoli

Administrator
petricola = lucipinnis. There's a bit of evidence that all petricolas are really lucipinnis even though there are folks who swear that they have petricola. Compare the spots on the body vs. spots on the head. If the spots on the head are smaller than those on the body, it's lucipinnis. If they're the same size spots on head and body, it's petricola. I have yet to actually see a petricola.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Interesting. They are listed as different many places and also listed as different in size. Good to know.