• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Swimming python

mchambers

Former CCA member
YouTube videos

In the Advanced window for posting messages, click on the YouTube icon. You'll get some code, with your cursor in the middle. Take the URL of your YouTube video and post only the part after the "=".

I try to watch it and it says this video is not available in this country???

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Greengirl

Members
He never eats the fish. I think since the fish are the same temp as the water, he might not even really see them.

Python eat mammals and birds, and I doublt they eat cold blooded fish.

Snake diet can be very specialized. I used to keep a Hognose snake, whch eats only amphibian. It's hard to find toad, frog or salamandar in winter, and pet shops don't always carry them. So I tried to lure him to eat lizzard, goldfish, crickets and pinky (baby mouse). He smelled them with his tongue but wouldn't eat them and rather starved to death.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Very cool, Alexandra! Totally thought he was gonna go for your ghost knife, lol.

I've seen garter snakes eat goldfish before.

Greengirl

Members
Python eat mammals and birds, and I doublt they eat cold blooded fish.

Snake diet can be very specialized. I used to keep a Hognose snake, whch eats only amphibian. It's hard to find toad, frog or salamandar in winter, and pet shops don't always carry them. So I tried to lure him to eat lizzard, goldfish, crickets and pinky (baby mouse). He smelled them with his tongue but wouldn't eat them and rather starved to death.

Did your hognose acutally starve to death?

No, he didn't die from starving. He died from drinking coke and couldn't burp. Some ideot thought he needs sugar for energy.

He refused to eat the alternatives for weeks because I couldn't find amphibian for him. That was on top of not gettting fed for 2 months.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
No, he didn't die from starving. He died from drinking coke and couldn't burp. Some ideot thought he needs sugar for energy.

He refused to eat the alternatives for weeks because I couldn't find amphibian for him. That was on top of not gettting fed for 2 months.

Interesting... what type of hognose? My friend's Mexican hognose eats frozen thawed mice without an issue.

I got it from NJ Pineland, so it is an Eastern Hognose different from Mexican species. There are locality difference in diet. The Pineland Hognose eat toads exclusively in the wild and are immune to toad toxicity. At other localities they eat birds and mammals.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I got it from NJ Pineland, so it is an Eastern Hognose different from Mexican species. There are locality difference in diet. The Pineland Hognose eat toads exclusively in the wild and are immune to toad toxicity. At other localities they eat birds and mammals.

Good to know. Thanks.