• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Surgery Number Two : (

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
I was at my orthopedist today to get the results of my MRI on my left wrist. Some of you may remember that I was injured in Feb. 2012 (torn ligaments in my wrist) and that I finally had surgery last July to repair it after the other treatments all failed. Well, the pain has been back and I've been stuck in a brace again. Turns out I have a lovely little cyst growing in the middle of my wrist and I have to have a second surgery on my wrist. My surgery is on March 5th and I'll be more than ready to have fun at Aquamania. Hopefully this will be the end of it and my wrist can get back to normal soon and I can have an easier time with water changes, lol. On handed tank maintenance is a real pain.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Sorry to hear things aren't healing as they need to. Hopefully it works for good this time. You won't know what to do when you get full use of both hands.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

I hope your wrist heals fast Sam! I had carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists last year, so I sort of know the pain and recovery you'll be going through. But once it's all done, it will be so worth the surgery and hassles.

Arlene

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Keep your spirits up. The surgery will go smoothly and you'll be able to carry bags of fish home in both hands soon enough.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chriscoli

Administrator
Oh, that sucks! I've had a cyst on the tendon in my wrist for years and I've been REALLY lucky that it hasn't bothered me.

Good luck, hang in there. Holler if you need help schlepping the meeting food stuff around.

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
Thanks everyone. As much as I'm not looking forward to a second surgery on my wrist, I am extremely relieved that there is a fixable reason for the increasing pain I've been in. Luckily, both my sister and best friend, Rosalyn (fellow CCA members) will be here to help out after my surgery... hope they are prepared to do water changes on 16+ tanks, lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
So sorry to hear that, Sam. Hang in there and just remember that you'll be fine on time to party with your peeps at AquaMania! It'll be something to look forward to.

Holler if you need help with anything. You've got my number. :)

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Sorry to hear about a second surgery, but hopefully this takes care of any lingering problems.

Glad you'll be ready and able to party with us at Aquamania! You've helped the club more with one arm than some people who have full use of both, and we appreciate it.

lewrosa

Members
I will definitely be willing to help out wherever I can :D

I just hope this surgery completely fixes your wrist!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App