• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Super - Bowl Show?

Becca

Members
Soooo...

A few CCA members who helped me move the ginormous fish tank noted that my new house was big enough to host club events... I was thinking, yeah, it is, but WHAT???

Not that I've ever been to a bowl show (just have a vague idea of what it is), but I was thinking, wouldn't it be fun to do an annual bowl show on the Saturday before the big game (especially fun for those of us who don't like football but do like fish)?

Is this something people would actually be interested in?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
As with everything we do these days....the same 8 people will end up doing everything so that 100 people can have fun.

Until we see some folks stepping up to help out at Aquamania, I will not support any events.

Just want monthly meetings from here on out? Fine.

dogofwar

CCA Members
We actually have all of the stands, tanks and equipment to run a giant fish show (like we did for ACA). What we lack is the volunteer support to do it...

Matt

Becca

Members
Hahaha... can't say my house qualifies as "giant." Maybe it's time to ask for a detailed explanation of a bowl show:D.

My "vague idea" is that people come show off their prized specimens and maybe some things that involve voting take place...

Perhaps a winter pot-luck where people fish-geek-out is more manageable...

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Typically, a bowl show is a fish show where each entrant is responsible for bringing their own tank to show their fish. I think that PVAS had one last year and I remember seeing a video posted up on the forum somewhere.

I have to agree with Matt and Tony on planning additional events.