• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Stupid neighbor & cat

Localzoo

Board of Directors
just venting...
If my dogs have to be on a leash, why does your cat get to be out without supervision. Your stupid cat decided to attack my homing pigeons, in my yard, in their loft, while no one was around...I'm trying really hard to not to find catch your cat and hold him for ransom. (won't bring my homers back I know) I just gotta stay calm.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Becca

Members
That is just awful :-(. I'm so sorry.

You could report it to animal control. I don't think cats are supposed to be out.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
That is just awful :-(. I'm so sorry.

You could report it to animal control. I don't think cats are supposed to be out.

I might, just thought what about other areas and birds that are endangered or fish getting killed or eaten from local water ways etc... Cats are not native to the area and should be seen as bad as introducing snake heads.

@Thai I usually wouldn't say hate, but today I will agree.

I rehabilitate all sorts of critters even been known to take in a person or two.

Last edited:

Beeman

Members
Have had the same thing happen to me. Might want to raise the entrance gate on your loft, unless cats can access the roof of your loft. If that's the case, well, manually close it as soon as the birds are in. If you leave the gate open all day, you'll soon wind up with a Cooper's hawk in your loft. And soon after that, you won't have ANY pigeons!!! Been there, done that too!

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Thats horrible. My neighbor has 2 cats that will always find ways of getting into my backyard even though me and my neighbor have tall fences around our yards.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Sorry for the loss. Irresponsible pet owners really chap my a$$. It absolutely drives me nuts that my neighbor (a veterinarian, no less) lets her dog run loose around the neighborhood. It's always great when my dogs go crazy because her dog is staring at them through the bay window in the front of the house. Never mind having to clean up dog poop in my front yard...

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Sorry for the loss. Irresponsible pet owners really chap my a$$. It absolutely drives me nuts that my neighbor (a veterinarian, no less) lets her dog run loose around the neighborhood. It's always great when my dogs go crazy because her dog is staring at them through the bay window in the front of the house. Never mind having to clean up dog poop in my front yard...

I hand raised them from babies....erggg

You must live in my neighborhood lol I clean up poop in my front yard that I know is not my dogs cuz they use the backyard. (Must be the people with the looney lab that's always off his leash) Plus when I'm out back with dogs the pigeons get to fly and the hawks stay away. Plus the local bird get free food.

@Barry-
I'm gonna build a new Belgian style drop trap with a narrow slit + bobs and prevent roof access.
Plus I've only lost one bird to a hawk the local crows and my dogs help a lot the only thing is the crows are supper smart and are bullies when I put out food for the wild birds. Whatever is left gets scavenged by the local bunnies(occasional peanut yum). lol my backyard is a zoo.

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1395191957.354323.jpg

mscichlid

Founder
I am dealing with an inconsiderate neighbor and their loose dog, as well. I make it my business to call animal control everyday, twice a day to make a complaint. That little dog is gonna get hit one day.

Sorry about your pigeons. I used to keep them, back in the day.