• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Stocking question 125 gal.

Ballen0351

Members
I stole this list from another forum. They had it set up for a 75 Gal. My tank is 125 gal. So I have a few questions. #1 what else can I add to fill the tank #2 what other things should I put in the tank I have stacks of flat stones that make caves and platforms of all different sizes but should I add plants or other things? #3 Any recomendation on where to find these fish. Only store I have here is Petsmart so I will either need to drive or order online.

• Pundamilia nyererei (Makobe Is.) - 1 trio
• Paralabidochromis sp. "Rock Kribensis" (Mwanza Gulf) - 1 trio
• Lipochromis sp. "Matumbi Hunter" - 1 trio
• Astatotilapia nubilus - 1 pair
• Synodontis eupterus "Upsidedown Cat" - 1

This will be my first real attempt to keep Africans. I had some once before but I just bought a bunch of unlisted assorted mix from petsmart when my daughter wanted colorful fish. They stated mixing and having all these ugly strange looking babies amssive cross breeding going on. I didnt mind too much I just kept feeding them to my oscars Ive always had oscars, and other south american cichlids so I want to do it right this time. Ive gotten rid of all my other fish and tanks when we moved and am down to the one 125 gal tank in my living room. My last Oscar was given to a friend when I decided I wanted more fish in the tank then just one.

verbal

CCA Members
Where do you live?

I would contact S10Jimmy he is resident Victorian guru and he may even be a source for some of the fish you are looking for.

I would probably add to the group size or add non-cichlids rather than adding more cichlid species.

If you really want to add another cichlid species, I would add a peaceful mbuna(yellow labs, rusties and acei come to mind).

I personally would probably get a school of synodontis(like dwarf petricola).

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Like Jesse said, I'd up group sizes and ratios. Not sure about hte Rock Krib or the hunters, but I know P. nyererei and A. nubilus can be particular violent fish and should be in high F/M ratios.

vinman

Members
Where do you live?

I would contact S10Jimmy he is resident Victorian guru and he may even be a source for some of the fish you are looking for.

I would probably add to the group size or add non-cichlids rather than adding more cichlid species.

If you really want to add another cichlid species, I would add a peaceful mbuna(yellow labs, rusties and acei come to mind).

I personally would probably get a school of synodontis(like dwarf petricola).

where can I find s10 jimmy, I'm looking for vic's too