• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Special Order list coming soon

Jay

CCA Members
I am working on an order from my supplier to arrive Tuesday, March 22, 2022. If you have any specific fish you want to see if the wholesaler can get together by then, please email me at support@cichlidsarespecial.com and I will send a request to him. When he gives me a list I will set up the Special order list as well.
If you are interested in any of the following in a single male (3-3.75”), let me know by email and I will send in a request for one. Prices should be similar to the website. If the wholesaler has one or if he has any in the 4-4.75” size by the time I get his order list about a week in advance of the order, I will let you know. Larger males are somewhat hard to come by.
Aulonocara Peacocks that normally mix well that my wholesaler carries that I do not grow out myself include:
Albino Benga Sunshine
Aulonocara Jacobfreibergi Tsano Rock Swallowtail (Extensions do not come until 4.5” or larger, Color gets lighter orange around the same time. Very colorful fish when full grown.)
Aulonocar huseri Midnight
Aulonocara Kornelaie Blue Gold (Nice but rarely available)
Aulonocara Koningsi Mbenji
Aulonocara Maylandi Sulfurhead
Aulonocara Red Shoulder
Aulonocara Chiloelo (Darker colored Red Shoulder-do not mix with Red Shoulder)
Aulonocara Usisya
Halochromis types:
Copadichromis Azerus (Basic Blue fish)
Otopharynx sp. Spot Santi (Very Slow to show full color-One of only a few to show Green in full color)
Placidochromis Johnstoni (Very Slow to Color, Similar to Taiwan Reef with black stripes on body)
Placidochrtomis Yellow Black Fin
Protomelas Spilonotus Mara Rocks Sulfurhead (Very slow to color)
Protomelas Taiwan Reef (Do not like large water changes) (Black Stripes go away when full Color- May or may not mix with Placidochromis Johnstoni
Protomelas Taiwan Reef Albino (Color can Vary, however)
If anyone is interested in Mbuna, he has a long list available in six-packs. Most Mbuna mix best with other Mbuna not similar in color or lower in aggression.
Most Lake Victorians are best kept in species only tanks
Other:
New Life Spectrum discontinued Hex Guard. My wholesaler suggests using Prazi Pro instead. Beware Prazi Pro cannot be mixed with salt or other treatments.
For teachers: I recently found this online. It should be a great resource for teachers who want to fish in the classroom.
http://www.petsintheclassroom.org/community/tell-a-teacher/
Stock is very low. Most of my fish are too small to post to the website at this time. I hope to have much-improved stock after this order comes in and the fish from this order clear two-week quarantine.

New for this time. Due to the discontinuing of Hex Guard and since Prazi Pro cannot be mixed with other treatments, two-week quarantine will only cover external problems. If your fish shows a possible internal problem, I will have to hold it an extra week in order to treat it with Prazi Pro in water without the salt treatment.

Jay
Cichlids Are Special