• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Some More Juvi Mbunas

cyradis4

Members
Hi!

I actually bred these guys, if putting the parents in a tank with lots of hiding places and basically leaving them alone for several months constitutes breeding..... I don't think I can use these guys for BAP points for two reasons: first, I only know of 4 of them in the tank and they are catagory A fish so I need 6 of them, and second, I didn't do any photographing of them when they were babies. But if I can please let me know!!!!! They are Cynotilapia Afra Puulus. Sorry for the quality, they are not the greatest pics. And NO, the tank is not yellow..... But it does have a yellow light on it (alls I had readily available).

CynotilapiaAfraPuulufry01262007001.jpg

CynotilapiaAfraPuulufry01262007002.jpg

CynotilapiaAfraPuulufry01262007003.jpg

CynotilapiaAfraPuulufry01262007008.jpg

CynotilapiaAfraPuulufry01262007007.jpg

CynotilapiaAfraPuulufry01262007006.jpg

Oh look! And here is Matriarch, the large wild female who may well be all these guys momma:
CynotilapiaAfraPuuluwildfemale01-1.jpg

longstocking

Members
Yes, you can use them for BAP.

You do not have to have 6 breeders. Some fish live/breed as pairs.

This is the rule... it pertains to the fry :

5. For Category A (fish with a point value of 10), at least 6 fry must be raised for 60 days after hatching, or release of fry in the case of mouth brooders. If the fish is in Category B, C, or D (point values of 20, 35, or 50, respectively), 3 fry must be raised to 60 days.

Nice fish :)

cyradis4

Members
lol.... Guess I wasn't clear.... I only know of 4 FRY. But I'll keep that in mind in case I find a few more in the tank.....

Later!
Amanda.

maddog10

Members
There are probably plenty hiding in the tank. I am constantly finding fry hiding behind the sponge filters in the afra tank.