• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Slate tile

Becca

Members
Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that the Habitat for Humanity Restore in Gaithersburg has a good amount of slate floor tile available at deeply discounted prices. These make decent breeding slates for angels and other fish that like to lay eggs on smooth surfaces. They weren't quite the right sizes for my uses, but they might be great for someone else's project.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Hey sweet
I think Baltimore had roofers who still deal with slate. I was gonna call but haven't gotten to it. I'll let you know so you can add them to your 55

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

harlowe777

Members
I took two nice pieces of flag stone.. Bust em up and was able to fill up a 55 and a 60 with slate stackalbles for free as well..flagstone is about 50lbs. A piece..and drain ditches use a lot of granite (grey boulders)..free and there lovely shapes and sizes..and look good under water..

harlowe777

Members
Ill post some of those rocks tonight..i can get as much as you guys want..heres my 240 ill be done with next week..built from scratch..

uploadfromtaptalk1387298874086.jpg

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Thomson Remodeling Company, Inc
tel:(301)654-1312

Becca
They prob won't give their broken tile away but you could wrk something out
Called but the guy said would have to talk to his boss so that's prob a good sign?
But it's worth calling a few in Baltimore and DC never hurts to ask

Becca

Members
Thomson Remodeling Company, Inc
tel:(301)654-1312

Becca
They prob won't give their broken tile away but you could wrk something out
Called but the guy said would have to talk to his boss so that's prob a good sign?
But it's worth calling a few in Baltimore and DC never hurts to ask

Thanks! I'll check it out - I've got to check out the Habitat Restore in Frederick this weekend, too, and it looks like my dad has a few leads.

I've left messages for a few people but haven't heard anything back. The roofing slate is appealing because it is about as thin as a standard cardboard box, maybe a little thinner, and very light-weight. The weight means it doesn't put a lot of strain on glass.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Becca - I have a box of tile that Sam gave me. You're more than welcome to some... I can bring to the Jan meeting... or you can pick it up from my porch...

Matt

harlowe777

Members
Not hard to clean..I bought scuba gear.lol..dementions of glass alone are 6' long 4' tall 16" deep with background..the filtration is hidden behind the lower right corner..easy to get to..hard to see..