• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

single fish tank.

Aqua410

Members
Anyone here keeping a single fish tank (one individual not a species tank) and if so what are you keeping in there? I am still in the process of getting my 55 gallon mbuna tank running and im already thinking about getting my 72 bowfront reef tank converted to a single fish tank. I have a large sump under the stand so i think I could handle the bioload of an Oscar in there and i really love some of the show quality Oscars morphs. Anyone keeping oscars or have a single fish tank you want to show off? Lets see some pics.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I don't currently have a "wet pet" tank, but many folks will keep a single amphilophus species in a tank like that. Many are glass bangers once they reach maturity and will interact with you if you approach the tank.

Becca

Members
I've kept single anabantoids - sometimes common (betta), sometimes not so much. I also dated a guy with a single citronellum... Biff... Biff was a jerk, but really fun.

I keep several single species, but not the type you're thinking of.

I have single fish tanks of the following type:
Licorice gourami (Paros. sp. "sentang green sparkle")
Chocolate gourami (3 different types, 3 different tanks)
Celestial pearl danios
Green eye rasboras
Dicrossus maculatus (to be fair, there are probably a couple plecos and a few pencil fish in there)
Guianacara sp. (again, a few dithers and catfish, but only one cichlid species)

Single species tanks can be fascinating, especially if you're working with a fish that is shy or maybe gets out-done by others in the tank. With the schooling fish it can be really cool to just see how a school behaves without other fish in there chasing them around.

spazmattik

Members
When I first got into the hobby I bought a tiger oscar and when I got back into the hobby as an adult, oscar was the first one I got again. :) Great fish with personality. As Jon mentioned, amphilophus are a great choice as well but more aggressive than oscars. I keep my oscar in a 125 with other fish without any issues.

o2day.jpg

o35.jpg

Vinh2o

Members
An Oscar is almost like having like having a dog. They want to be in the room where all the action is, and they sit in the tank and follow your every move.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app