• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Sherlock Holmes meets Avatar!!!

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Two pretty cool movies are coming out this month.

First, Avatar by famous director James Cameron premiers on 12/18 that's next Friday.

Here is a sample trailer for your enjoyment;)

[YT]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cRdxXPV9GNQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cRdxXPV9GNQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YT]

Second, there is Sherlock Holmes with Iron Man Robert Downy Jr and premiers on 12/25 2009.

Here is the trailer;

[YT]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ITU27Sxzi9w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ITU27Sxzi9w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YT]

Enjoy,

RM

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
They both look good but I have not paid for a movie in a looong time.one day. Lol

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Just got back from seeing Avatar. The story is as old as the hills and that's great because then it doesn't get in the way. The movie is fantastic. Go see it. I think Lucas and the Blue Man Group should be filing law suits though. This has got to be the Christmas blockbuster. My son and I saw the non-3D. I need to go see the 3-D.

George

mrkillie

Members
I want to see them both, Avatar lok s awesome!

I wasn't really thrilled with the prospects of Avatar based on the trailers on TV, but having seen this longer trailer, it looks much better.

Holmes, on the other hand, kinda gives me the feeling it will be like "Wild, Wild West". That movie was not so good. I will probably wait for both of them in Netflix.

Now, it's time to go see "A Christmas Carol".

Joel

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I do Netflix-always have a movie I didn't see, and one for the kid as well-just in case there's no football on, I mean nothing on TV.

Joel

Yea, the brother n law turned me on to the Net Flex via internet connection and I'm really contemplating whether or not to join.

Looks really good.:happy0144:

Cartel

Members
I had no desire to see this movie at first but its growing on me. The plot looks like crap I just want to see it because of the insane graphics. But ill wait a bit and see it in IMAX

mscichlid

Founder
It looks so good 'cos I like Scifi, I'll take bootleg. Not really. Pretending to be bada$$! But I want to see it.

mrkillie

Members
I had no desire to see this movie at first but its growing on me. The plot looks like crap I just want to see it because of the insane graphics. But ill wait a bit and see it in IMAX

That's the good thing about having a 65" TV in HD-I don't worry too much about seeing things on the big screen anymore-because I always do! But some things you still have to go to the theatre for at least for the first viewing (like Star Trek).

BTW-the next Start Trek movie is supposed to be released in summer 2011.:D

Joel

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
That's the good thing about having a 65" TV in HD-I don't worry too much about seeing things on the big screen anymore-because I always do! But some things you still have to go to the theatre for at least for the first viewing (like Star Trek).

BTW-the next Start Trek movie is supposed to be released in summer 2011.:D

Joel
That's all swell, but unless you have 3-D on that sucker, you cannot imagine what you are missing.

mrkillie

Members
What is this Net Flex you folks speak of? Digital NetFlix?

Unlimited movies every month right to your door by mail. But now they have "instant movies" that you can download right to your computer or blue ray player or other such device and watch immediately. It really comes in handy when you are on the road in a hotel room and there's nothing on the boob tube.

Joel