• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

She bit me!

Lively

Members
There is a drawback to teaching your fishies to eat out of your hand...

I've had my mated pair of Jacks for years and they are very social (mostly he is, she is a moody thing) I've trained them to come to the top of the tank when they want to eat. He's a gentle eater, very graceful with good manners - she, not so much.

She has been sulking for about a week. Stupid CAE ate her babies. I had to take everything out the tank to catch it, she doesn't deal well with change or with losing her babies. So, she refused to come out and eat and was very hungry last night. I saw her out and walked to the tank, she came up to the top as usual and I was just getting ready to drop the ball in the tank when she jumped up and nipped my finger! She easily lifted herself a couple of inches out of the tank and took half an inch of finger in her mouth - but she didn't chomp down - she let go and dropped back into the tank. I'm not sure who was more surprised, me or her. What amazed me was how "soft" her bite was - I know she is capable of biting a fish in half and could have given me a nasty little bite with her sharp teeth.

I can only guess that when she tasted my finger she reacted to the taste the way she does when she takes her babies in her mouth and instead of chomping down for eating, she spit my finger out like her fry.

I thought it was kinda cool :)

Lively

Members
As I was typing that, I laughed and braced myself for the obvious jokes...

Female Jacks are moody and I swear I see her nagging him from time to time...

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
As I was typing that, I laughed and braced myself for the obvious jokes...

Female Jacks are moody and I swear I see her nagging him from time to time...

The African males have it lucky... For the 21+ days the female is holding eggs she has to keep her mouth shut. Peace and quiet for the male, no nagging. I'm guessing the more prolific males spawn to keep the females quiet. Imagine how many pregnant women we'd have walking around if they had to shut their mouth for 9 months!

Lively

Members
The African males have it lucky... For the 21+ days the female is holding eggs she has to keep her mouth shut. Peace and quiet for the male, no nagging. I'm guessing the more prolific males spawn to keep the females quiet. Imagine how many pregnant women we'd have walking around if they had to shut their mouth for 9 months!

That is too darned funny - I should get mad at you (seeing that I'm a woman...) but I gotta stop laughing so hard first...

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
the ob/gyn would have a line around the block.