• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Setting up a new tank-what should I put in It?

bschuhart

Members
...and if tell me a pike. :lol: lol

It's a 7.9g (30 liter) Fluval Flora and it's sitting on my end table empty.

Florafull.png

Could look like this:
EbiShrimpLive.png

Plenipotentiary-at-large
For a jewel-box, I'd opt for gems...

...small and brilliant. Sweet water New World cichlids, like Apistogramma borelli (if you can good ones) or Taeniacara candida, and a few green laser Corydoras and some wee tetras just to make it interesting (black darters are amazing). Or just get a pair of the larger truly stunning apistos - plenty of room for them to spawn - like A. macmasteri, maulbruder or barlowi.

Last edited:

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Can't go wrong with scarlet badis and RCS

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

bschuhart

Members
Well the wife was not a happy camper when see saw it on the end table...but then we went to a craft show today(boring for me) and see saw a wooden plant stand that was a perfect fit for the tank and said "our nano tank would look good on this"

So water is in, laterelite is in and put a diatom filter on it to clear the water. It looks good and clear. Now to get plants, driftwood and a rock or two.

Does TFP have a good dwarf plant selection? I'm thinking of riding up there on Thursday since I'm off.

I was also thinking of talking to Rachel O. about shrimp and to see if see if she had any plants.