• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

SCUBA cert

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Anyone from the Carrol County area interested in obtaining their Open Water SCUBA certification? I got certified last year and really enjoyed the experience.

I have a certificate that covers all classroom time, pool practice, and certification dive instruction. The shop has equipment available for rental, but any purchased equipment would not be covered by the certificate. The shop's site is www.underseaoutfitters.com if anyone wants to check them out. They have another class session starting in less than 2 weeks.

The certification involves 3 classroom sessions in Sykesville, 2 or 3 (I can't remember) pool sessions in Eldersburg, and 2 days of diving in a quarry in New Windsor for certification. They'll also give you a recommendation if you'd like to choose a more 'comfortable' location for certification dives, but it would be at a nextra cost.

The shop has great instructors, and were very comfortable to learn from. I won the certificate in a silent auction, but the person I bought it for isn't ready to use it yet, and it expires in the end of May.

Anyways, the certificate is valued at $495, but I paid much less than that, so please PM me an offer if you're interested. I can meet you to give it to you, or I can mail it at no charge.