• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Sand turning brown

npbarca

Members
I noticed this morning after being away for 2 days that some areas of the sand in my cichlid tank have turned a rusty color. Its just the top layer of the sand, and it also has some on the rocks. I read that it is normal after a tank fully cycls, and my tank finished about a week ago. Anything to be worried about?

npbarca

Members
I thought about that, but the tanks are in my unfinished basement with no windows, so without light it is literally pitch black.

Jmoore

Members
When I leave my house for the weekend or for a day I usually turn of the tank lights and turn on the lamp in the room for a little bit of light for the fish.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ading522

Members
I thought about that, but the tanks are in my unfinished basement with no windows, so without light it is literally pitch black.

I do not think fish need a lot of light. A little lamp on the room as john does would suffice.. Mine have been fine in a pitch black room for 4 days . just had an autofeedeer on the huge tank and extra fed the smaller tanks before I left.. Came back everything was just the way I left it.

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App