• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Rock deco

Ading522

Members
i don't know if i have posted in the right place.. but i would like to see pictures of tanks from the members here that have used rocks in their decoration.. what kind of rocks have you used and where have you aquired them? would like some advice on setting those kinds of aquascapes for my future tank.. i would like to create a "natural" look.. my tank species will be focused on malawi haps and peacocks..thanks!

zackcrack00

Members
I will be selling some rocks at the June meeting, if you want them. I usually stack them up with live plants in my community tank. I like to have a large cube-looking rock with a large bumpy slate-like rock leaning up against it, and balancing another FLAT slate-like rock on top of that.

Ading522

Members
There are quite a few threads on here....everyone's got their own opinions on where to get it from, and they're all great suggestions. Here's one I started a while back...

http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12190

thanks!! is this the stone masonry at Rockville? some awesome stones you got there.. did you use some kind of rubber mat on the bottom of your tank to prevent scrapes?

I will be selling some rocks at the June meeting, if you want them. I usually stack them up with live plants in my community tank. I like to have a large cube-looking rock with a large bumpy slate-like rock leaning up against it, and balancing another FLAT slate-like rock on top of that.

what kind of rocks you got?

Jefft

Members
Take a look at this following thread. I think all the answers to your questions will be there but if you have any others hit me up I will be glad to help this is something I just went through in my making over my tanks pictures before and after included.... glad to answer anything you need to know if you hit me up in IM or I can answer here as well.

http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17162

Forester

Members
Ive got a bunch of slate and other rock i can bring to the may meeting. I have a home depot bucket full of them. Just make me an offer for them if you want em.