• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Road Trip to Atlantis...

fischfan13

Banned
Saturday, January 23rd EastCoastCichlids.org is hosting a Road Trip up to Peter Rubin's Atlantis Tropical fish Hatchery. This is my favorite African Cichlid facility, and if you have ever been there you would know why.

It is a 40,000 gallon facility!!!
Check out the website here:
Atlantis Tropical Fish Hatchery

It is about a 4 hour drive from Baltimore.
Snow date is January 30th.

Jumbie

Members
I will like to go, I was just thinking about renting a car and car pooling a few people. I would have to see how my work schedule looks for January, but it sounds like a road trip to me.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I know I can't make it but would someone who is going be able to pick up some fish for me?

Jumbie

Members
If I go Prince I don't have a problem doing that for you, the only thing is you would need to pick them up that day because I don't have any holding tanks for them.

fischfan13

Banned
Some inside info...
Between now and 1/23 Atlantis is getting in Apistos and WC shipments from Malawi and Burundi.

fischfan13

Banned
Just a heads up for anyone going...
Peter Rubin is opening up the doors at 9:30am for EastCoastCichlids members. We will also be meeting at a diner (haven't picked which one of the two as of yet) before hand for those who want to rest and get a little breakfast.
New Burundi shipment is in and new Apisto shipment will be in this week.

longstocking

Members
Anyone going? I would be going if I could....
sad-smiley-043.gif

fischfan13

Banned
The last updated stock list will be on Friday, around 2 or 3 pm, at cichlids.net (Atlantis website).
That same update will be in print at Atlantis Saturday morning.

Anyone wanting to meet for breakfast, this is where we are meeting...
http://www.mainstreetbistro.com/

Main Street Bistro
www.mainstreetbistro.com

59 Main Street
New Paltz, NY 12561-1520
(845) 255-7766

We should be getting there around 8am.

Atlantis is opening the doors for us at 9:30am and will be opened until 2pm.

divet

Members
As long as I get moving tomorrow morning I should be there. I think it will be a little later though, so we may or may not see any one going unless they are staying there till 11ish. How long do you usually spend there? Hoping to get some apistos!

Dan

fischfan13

Banned
Dan, the itinerary is 8am breakfast at the Main Street Bistro in New Paltz and 9:30 at Atlantis.
Being the Captain of the ship I stay until closing...around 2pm. This is also when I make my selection of fish.
This one looks big, and I mean BIG. We had 30 show up last February to Atlantis, and this time we might hit 50. Please stop by and say hello, I will be the guy with the goatee wearing the shorts.

One more thing, on Saturday ECC will be announcing our Spring Auction '10.