• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Riverdale Pets is moving- all fish on sale

mscichlid

Founder
OUT OF CURIOSITY WHY WOULD YOU WANT HIM TO SAY NO? WAS IT HIS ATTITUDE OR JUST TIME CONSTRAINTS OR SOMETHING ELSE?:confused:

I'm the kind of person that does not like being strung along; do it or don't. I'm not gonna beg him. He's pretty nice about. He just says he'll think about it. Once he moves, maybe he'll come around...

Travis921

Members
Well Robin is really nice in there but Richard fits his nickname ****!!! All his fish are sick so make sure you treat them before you put them into population!!! He specializes in Piranha. I have been going there for over 10 years now just never buy much. Be careful with his vieja also they are usually crossed and never pure!!

Travis921

Members
Dog of War do not deal with him he is really not a nice person very grumpy and never nice!! I would rather go to EDEN right around the corner from him. Less than 1 mile away

Travis921

Members
Yes Matt it is off of Rt.1 about 1 mile from the peace cross and the cross roads. They are really nice. But Riverdale on the other hand is terrible to deal, Richard would not even listen to you if you asked him about that. He will walk away from you while talking he is that rude!!

Travis921

Members
also he would never give a discount!!! Like i said its a fun store to walk in and look at fish but thats about it!!

Travis921

Members
When meand MidasKing go into his store we take Quick Cure and Metrondiaxole as soon we walk out. Also raise temp in bath water and add salt asap or you may get white stringy poo !!!

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I'm the kind of person that does not like being strung along; do it or don't. I'm not gonna beg him. He's pretty nice about. He just says he'll think about it. Once he moves, maybe he'll come around...
I UNDERSTAND THAT 1000%. I WAS HOPING HE WASNT NASTY TO YOU. HE HAS HIS MOMENTS. I WAS IN THERE ONCE AND OVERHEARD HIS INTERACTION WITH A CUSTOMER. LETS JUST SAY IF YOURE RUDE LIKE THAT ILL TAKE MY $$ ELSEWHERE. IT WAS FUNNY TO ME CUZ ROBIN BENT OVER BACKWARDS HELPING ME. I HOPE THE NEW LOCATION WORKS OT FOR THEM. HATE TO SEE ANOTHER LFS GO UNDER.;)

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
@Travis - Wow.... I guess it's safe to say that you really do not like this store. :rolleyes:

Travis921

Members
to say the least it is just him Tony. Like i said Robin is really nice you have to go in there to feel the vibe its pretty bad!! And like i said I have been there for years

Plenipotentiary-at-large
If CCA was/is to apply of any sort of standards to sponsors...

...no way they make it. I mean seriously, that place is like an object lesson in what not to do with fish - sort of like an eternally unfolding triage situation. If there was a Humane Society for fish they would have to remove half the stock at minimum on grounds of ill-health and neglect.

Not my call, but hard not to see/interpret CCA acceptance of sponsors as an endorsement. Just cannot see where we're so desperate that we'd even consider going there in this instance barring a Phoenix-type rebirth at their new location. Won't be holding my breath on that one like I found myself doing at their current location.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
...no way they make it. I mean seriously, that place is like an object lesson in what not to do with fish - sort of like an eternally unfolding triage situation. If there was a Humane Society for fish they would have to remove half the stock at minimum on grounds of ill-health and neglect.

Not my call, but hard not to see/interpret CCA acceptance of sponsors as an endorsement. Just cannot see where we're so desperate that we'd even consider going there in this instance barring a Phoenix-type rebirth at their new location. Won't be holding my breath on that one like I found myself doing at their current location.
+1

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres

Sam, your eloquence never ceases to make me smile.

I agree that our association should have standards for which we hold local fish stores and online retailers regarding potential or existing endorsement/sponsorship.

This subject had been discussed by the board in the spring and agreed upon. A sponsor of the club should be serve as good example for animal husbandry as well as be a solid resource for information regarding the livestock that they carry. In my opinion, these are the cornerstones of a solid business in our hobby.

I've only been to Riverdale Pets one time, several years ago and their stock did not interest me (not so into the big meanies). I haven't been back since, so cannot comment on their practices.

I just don't like it when these threads become a pile-on. The guy may be closing his door for good. Who knows?

Say your piece and move on.

rich_one

Members
Well, I won't string out my comments or anything... I hesitate to even post it, because I know in general, we don't want to talk down on any LFS stores left these days... but I must say my experience the one time I went there to get what I hoped at the time (but ended up being wrong) was a female festae, was... well... so-so.

I'll just say that to me, Richard just does not seem like a very nice guy... and leave it at that. Robin is a peach, however, and super helpful. One thing that was a big turn off for me regarding Richard was, he told me he had female festae on the phone, but then refused to show me which ones were the females when I got there. I would have rather he told me he wasn't sure if he had females, because Riverdale Pets is not close to me at all, and I drove there expecting to see obvious females. They were all pretty stressed out and it was really tough to tell and pretty much, I was on my own. Like I said, I guessed wrong, but that said, the male is now quite a specimen. He looks great right now, actually. So at least there is that. I was still happy when they were thinking about moving down my way though... there is NOTHING in Waldorf. Sigh... LOL...

-Rich

frkyltn

Members

only good thing was the selection of type of fish..but all the fish look sick ...looks like a compter warehouse with computer parts everywhere on floor and on top of tanks...and when i startd going there the old man never once looked up from his computer moniter and if I asked him a question,he would just call his wife,wich is very nice...past 2 weeks he actually talked to me,guess he wanted to make some sales. @ Avator.nice to meet you there

frkyltn

Members
Gotta find this Eden store. Never knew it was there.
if you come out of riverdale pets and turn right when you come out the gate..make the first right at the first light..follow that street all the way until you have to turn either left or right or go straight into the shoppers shopping center..well go strght into the shopping center..Edens will be right in front of you next to the shoppers,its a 2 minute drive...Edens pets and supplies is on bladensburg rd near the peace cross in the shoppers shopping center