• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

River Monsters - Demon Fish

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I haven't seen all the episodes, but that may be the nastiest fish I've seen on that show.

Leffler817

CCA Members
You can buy them in fish stores. I was in Buffalo for Easter and a store there had them for $49.99 about 3-4" big.

bschuhart

Members
That store is stupid for selling those. The unsuspecting takes it home it gets too big, they dump it into native water and we have another "Frankenfish"

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
NO WORSE THEN HOT SELLING AFRICAN TIGER FISH....A REAL MONSTER. THEY HAVE THEM AT LIKE 4 TO 5" AND THEY GET THREE FEET LONG. THE TANK WOULD JUST STAY DIRTY LOL.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
NO WORSE THEN HOT SELLING AFRICAN TIGER FISH....A REAL MONSTER. THEY HAVE THEM AT LIKE 4 TO 5" AND THEY GET THREE FEET LONG. THE TANK WOULD JUST STAY DIRTY LOL.

They also sell arpimia gigas too.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

Leffler817

CCA Members
I find it a little ironic that the host of River Monsters took days to hunt one of those beasts and catch it, but if you flip the channel to Versus or Outdoor Network, they have shows catching Tigerfish like Bass or Marlin. I was also not impressed with the way he handled the fish after catching it. I think it could have lived had he let it go sooner. That would not make for good TV though. Seems fishy...

emartin

Members
It will be so awesome of you guys actually get Jeremy Wade to do a talk at the ACA 2011...

And hopefully some of the tvrippers online will rip this episode! It actually aired like a month ago after the "LIFE" special on Fish but no one copied it.

I know I am going to record it for myself just in case... he caught a 4 footer goliath tiger!

emartin

Members
Here's a video of River Monsters showing the Goliath African Tiger Fish they caught:

[yt]<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tfd5p1JqUsw&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tfd5p1JqUsw&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>[/yt]